Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nalcom FTL 1000 (just bought this camera)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nalcom FTL 1000 (just bought this camera)

Hello, this is my first post and I wanted to see if anybody has this camera and has any opinions about it. I have the Nalcom FTL 100 with the Shinkor 6.5-65mm f1.8 Manual Zoom Lens. I also purchased a M42 adaptor to use prime lenses. Any information about the camera is welcome and especially about what lenses you use with the M42 adaptor. Again, anything you can add is most welcome. Thanks Larry

Larry

Have you seen this site?
    super 8 database, cameras nalcom (filmkorn.org

If you haven't got an Instruction Manual here is one.
    Nalcom FTL Printed Manual (camera-manual.com)

Comment

I have four FTL 1000 Nalcoms, brilliant unusual camera. The supplied lens is brilliant, but once removed from the body there is a fixed 14mm lens that you can shot with. They were also badged as 3M in Italy. But get your self a DSLR handgrip as the Nalcom one is a bit useless and uncomfortable.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I did get the information from the filmkorn website. I also found a manual online. I just started exploring the camera with just the M42 adaptor. I am waiting to receive a shinkor 6.5-65mm f1.8 manual zoom lens from another seller. I have one question, should the light-meter work on the Nalcom without the shinkor 6.5-65mm f1.8 manual zoom lens or a prime lens on the camera? If so I think my light meter is out. I do not see a needle moving back and forth. The worst is I'll have to shoot manual using my sekonic light meter, but everything was said to be working. I bought it from a company that only sells serviced super 8 and 8mm cameras. I also have another Nalcom FTL 1000 on order - I got it for a great price - and the lens is clean and it has the light filter screw that I could use. This camera hasn't a battery case but I have one with the camera I have now, so it may work. Buying a super 8mm camera always involves some risk.

Does anyone have an opinion on a prime lens if you have ever used the M42 adaptor? I do know there are tons of lens choices.

Any more light you can shed on this camera will be very appreciated.

Thanks Again!

Larry

Comment

Working...
        X