Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming to CineSea 21? Pick the Friday Night Feature!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming to CineSea 21? Pick the Friday Night Feature!

The 21st CineSea Film Collectors gathering is just a month away and once again we'll be screening a film the night before the event. This will take place at 7:30 PM on Friday, April 17th at the Shalimar Resort & Conference Center in Wildwood Crest, New Jersey. Admission is free.

Let's pick the film! If you're coming to CineSea and have a print you'd like to show, please list the title and format (Standard 8mm/Super 8mm/9.5mm/16mm/35mm) here by 4/4. We'll then have an online survey and attendees can pick which title they prefer. The winner will be announced on 4/12. One title per collector, please!

Our previous winner was Lou Franchetti's 16mm LPP print of The Blob. The Friday Night Feature started back in 2015 with CineSea 11, and we've shown The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, Aliens, Beetlejuice, Fright Night, House of Wax (3-D!), Psycho, and Roustabout.

Just to be different this time, my offering is a 16mm color/scope print of In Like Flint.

I look forward to seeing what films will be put forth. Let the battle begin!

For more information about the CineSea Film Collectors Gathering, please look here.

Doug

Can we please have a proper size screen for cinema scope I remember in October Jeffrey projected something in scope and it went way off the screen across the entire wall let's not have that happen again especially if the Friday night feature or anything else to be shown is cinema scope with all due respect to everyone that makes it happen

Comment

Chip,

What you're describing occurred on Saturday when we show many prints in multiple formats that the audience brings. That was the first time in our new location and we definitely made a few mistakes in trying to figure out how to line up four projectors (Standard 8mm, Super 8mm, 16mm & 35mm) correctly and not get in each other's way. We'll try to correct that issue this time out.

If the Friday Night Feature ends up being a scope print, the same screen will be used but rest assured that the projected image will not go off the sides.

Doug

Comment

Thank you Doug for explaining that to me/us.

Comment

I'll put up my Super-8 Derann "Fantasia 2000", a former Doug Meltzer print in glorious Stereo!

Comment

I'll throw in a 16MM print of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" in the pile.

Comment

Working...
            X