NEW Super 8 600' Digest!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Super 8 600' Digest!!!

I am thinking of releasing a 600' digest of my film, "The Other Side of Darkness" through Dave Baker. Would anyone be interested in a copy? Here is a link to view the film for free.

Email me or PM me. Adam@saturnestudios.com.

https://tubitv.com/movies/666130/the...de-of-darkness

I guess thats a no....lol

Comment

I don't think it's any reflection on your film, Adam, it's just at that it's not well known. If folks are going to shell out upwards of 300.00 dollars for a digest, it has to be a title that is in the collective memory, so to speak

Comment

Hey Adam

I think Osi has hit the nail on the head really.

I totally applaud both your dedication to film making and your desire to release a digest in Super 8 format. Ultimately however it will come down to price. 600ft is a good compromise that gives you the ability to retain much of the key narrative and thereby create an excellent digest. Unfortunately it almost certainly won't come cheap, particularly so considering new Super 8 releases are effectively produced on demand so there are no economies of scale to be had.
        That said I'm actually assuming it will be cost loadsamoney when I haven't actually asked.

So in summary
        • On the plus side, yes I would love a copy of your film
        • On the down side I would only be willing to pay $100 which would result in you making a significant loss

Don't lose faith though as it's a most wonderful notion

Comment

Maybe a trailer release first would get people interested, they might buy a new trailer of a new film - then if they like it ask for the 600ft.

Comment

That's not a bad idea, Brian!

Comment

Those are very good points. I don't expect it to sell like "Jaws" or "Star Wars" as those have a huge following and everyone knows them. I like the trailer idea. But to be honest, if you want to see the trailer...watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHkhXlQEqt0&t=1s

Originally posted by Rik Jackman View Post
              Hey Adam

So in summary
              • On the plus side, yes I would love a copy of your film
              • On the down side I would only be willing to pay $100 which would result in you making a significant loss

Don't lose faith though as it's a most wonderful notion
              $100 for a 600' reel for NEW Prints is impossible. I know the cost for printing direct from the lab. Yes, Its not cheap. You guys have to understand that there is a fixed production cost to printing anything on film. And those who produce and sell these prints should make a profit for their efforts. Regardless if you buy my film or not...if you want new prints, the high expense is just a reality. Buying new prints helps support the labs which in turn helps support our hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Deierling View Post
                Those are very good points. I don't expect it to sell like "Jaws" or "Star Wars" as those have a huge following and everyone knows them. I like the trailer idea. But to be honest, if you want to see the trailer...watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHkhXlQEqt0&t=1s

$100 for a 600' reel for NEW Prints is impossible. I know the cost for printing direct from the lab. Yes, Its not cheap. You guys have to understand that there is a fixed production cost to printing anything on film. And those who produce and sell these prints should make a profit for their efforts. Regardless if you buy my film or not...if you want new prints, the high expense is just a reality. Buying new prints helps support the labs which in turn helps support our hobby.
                I agree it is impossible and would never expect you to take it seriously I was just trying to show there is interest/engagement out there. I only wish I had the disposable cash to fully support your valiant effort. Maybe a trailer as either a stand alone product or part of a compilation that some folk out there are producing. I realise a trailer is a bit of a severe compromise but at least it gets the 'dna' of your product out there

Comment

Looks Great Adam, and has a great feel too.

Some modern films have a sort of cheapie made feel.

Not sure I am describing that right but you maybe know what I mean.

The image is there but not much atmosphere or something.

Really good trailer.

Best Mark.

Comment

In case anyone is interested our amazing soundtrack is available on Spotify. Let me know what you think.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6ablE...RAudRH_HabGMIg

Comment

Adam, I've just watched your trailer and am in awe of your talents. Is this your first film? Fantastic visuals and very professional feel about it. I don't collect Super 8 any more but I can understand why you want to put something on film. Being retired, film prices for new purchases are now beyond my indulgences and I'm happy with my 16mm prints purchased over the years. You've certainly done well to get it released on dvd/blue ray. Would love to see it at the local Cinema. Best wishes for the deserved success of the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Groves View Post
                        Adam, I've just watched your trailer and am in awe of your talents. Is this your first film? Fantastic visuals and very professional feel about it. I don't collect Super 8 any more but I can understand why you want to put something on film. Being retired, film prices for new purchases are now beyond my indulgences and I'm happy with my 16mm prints purchased over the years. You've certainly done well to get it released on dvd/blue ray. Would love to see it at the local Cinema. Best wishes for the deserved success of the film.
                        Thank you Dave!

Comment

Oh Adam what great work, very creative filming and crafted. I could only watch the trailer as the main event won't view in Ennglad such is life.
                          I truly applaud your efforts.

In truth those who put a couple of thousand into a release don't really know how things will sell but we hope collectors will support our efforts if they can.

Independent filmakers make some tremendous movies but sadly most don't see the light of day which is such a shame. Perhaps a 400ft would be a good idea? It would be good to see some creative work on our home screens and I would welcome it for one. Variety is the spice of life as the saying goes.

Well done you!

Re just a trailer. It wouldn't be economical to do just a trailer.

Comment

Working...
                          X