Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bell and Howell 8mm camera...oops!!...it has film in it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell and Howell 8mm camera...oops!!...it has film in it!!

So..it's been while since I have posted....life got in the way...but I'm very happy to say I'm back!!...and with many questions!!

SO...was given a Bell&Howell... model 252 8mm camera ...(a beautiful looking little camera)...didn't realize there was film in it!!!

Opened it...not a great idea, possibly...and quickly closed it again.

Wound it up...and finished the roll with some exterior shots.

SO....what to do?

Maybe I'm halfway through the reel...the first 25 ft....maybe I'm at the end of the full reel.

Not going to attempt a rotation of the film in case the first 25 ft. was already exposed.

SO...regardless...what to do? Not sure for this camera how to unload it.

Unload the film in a dark room? Place the film in a film can... I have an empty Kodak can for that...seal it??

I have a company I use here in Canada that will develop it...or rather attempt to develop it.

It may, of course, not yield anything.

So any thoughts on loading and unloading techniques...whether manuals exist...Youtube tutorials?....whatever anyone wants to share....would be appreciated!!

TIA to everyone!!

Mark
    The take-spool as supplied with this camera probably had markings to show when it started the film and also when the film had been turned at mid-way.
    See the eBay ad which shows a spool so marked. Click until you see picture the side door open.
    VINTAGE BELL & HOWELL TWO-FIFTY-TWO (252) 8MM MOVIE CAMERA W/ CASE And Manual | eBay

Comment

How long had that film being loaded in the camera?
      If it had been sitting there in the camera for decades, I don't think there would be much left by now.

Comment

Working...
      X