Thank you so very much Movie Magnetic and SteveO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you so very much Movie Magnetic and SteveO

I'm guessing most of us either have our first 8mm film or have replaced it at some point and this is my story full circle.
    Somewhere around 1969 my first feature film was obtained on Standard 8 (regular 8) which in turn catapulted my fandom of the late and great Bela Lugosi. Ghost of Frankenstein was a wonderful movie and although I only had a silent projector back then and the film itself was abridged it was regularly shown and treasured over the years in fact 50+ of them. We had projected many times particularly around Halloween inviting friends and neighbours round to see it projected on the big screen.

Due to age I retired the Std 8 print into new loving hands and replaced it with the full length S8 feature which has now arrived and its such a joy to be able to project the entire film recalling those shows given over the years. Bela looks fantastic in it on our 6ft screen and I recorded the sound myself as per usual.

I must pay tribute to our dear SteveO and of course the great Alberto at Movie Mag for what is magnificent magnetic sound stripe both very professional people and valued by collectors in the United Kingdom. We are blessed to have such dedicated people keeping our collections bolstered and speaking from the heart you have mad me so happy to have this treasure in my collection.

Keep up the great work and thank you so very much!

Is this a new release by Steve?

Comment

Hi Paul. Not sure when it was available but I do so love Bela in this and complete. The mag stripe applied is a thing of beauty so perfect.
      I recorded it at a 0 peak and it played back on the GS pretty much the same.

Comment

I believe this was a CHC release from many years ago.

Comment

I Agree Lee! Mine arrived on Friday! Full marks to all involved : Andec, Alberto and Steve! My first full feature Frankenstein print! This is one that I had never seen in any format! Lugosi is excellent. Flashbacks to the first Frankenstein ...This print has been on Steve Osborne's list since I can remember, along with other classic films.
          Great job Steve!

Comment

Working...
          X