Bolex Lens Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolex Lens Question

I have a Bolex lens in one of my Eumig 810 projectors. I was wondering what people think of the Bolex hi-fi 1:1.2 lens? How does this compare to the 1.2 lens Eumig that were found in some of the Eumig 810 Lux projectors?

I always thought they were the same lens,just different cosmetics. The Eumig f1.2 is better than the standard f1.3 Eumig lens. Plus its brighter,and a bigger picture at the wide angle end.

Comment

Well they were manufactured by the same company towards the end of production, so I would assume they were the same.

Comment

Oh okay, Awesome. Thanks for the insight Brian and David. I had seen on the inside of the barrel it said Made In Austria

Comment

I believe Eumig took over Bolex around 1970. The original Bolex lenses, as supplied on many projectors, in the 50's and through the 60's were manufactured in Switzerland by Bolex. I have found some of those later Eumig made lenses to be a little less superior to the original lenses manufactured by Bolex. One example are the original lenses supplied on the first 18-5, and then the 18-5 Super 8 projectors. Those first lenses were all metal construction with well made glass lenses. Later Bolex fitted some of the 18-5L Super's with plastic lenses and quality dropped slightly. Last year I purchased a minty Bolex 18-5L Super from 1970 and it was fitted with a plastic Bolex "hifi" zoom that was not very focus friendly or as sharp. I took that off and fitted it with an all-metal Bolex prime lens from an earlier 18-5 Super, and it was night and day.

Comment

from 1973 to the end of eumig in 1985 everything 8mm from bolex was made by eumig, the 16mm machines were still "real"bolex

Comment

Working...
            X