Baia Power View 150 - bulb info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baia Power View 150 - bulb info

I found a viewer in the closet and plugged it in. forward and rewind work great, but I don't see a bulb when I take the back off. Anyone know anything about this machine?
    Thanks,
    Gregory

Hi Greg,

In the Editors I know, the bulb is usually housed under the film gate, something tells me with some minimal disassembly of the gate area you'll see it.

Editor bulbs are quite commonly the same 6Volt lamps used as motorcycle tail-light bulbs. With a little luck you can find them at an auto parts store.

Comment

If the viewer you are referring to looks like the image below see if can remove the black box cover over the lens. If lamp isn't there try removing the panel just above that box. As Steve has said the lamp is usually located in the front section. The Baia viewers have non-standard design... At least different than I'm accustomed to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	baia_powerview150.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	61143

Comment

Decades ago, I had one just like this except it didn't have motors: it had cranks.

There was this roughly 5 month period between Summer 1978 and that Christmas where this was how I watched my films. A new Kodak Moviedeck that December 25th put the Baia in a more traditional role.

Comment

Turns out the front cover is snap-fitted and comes right off. underneath that the bulb assembly is held in place with a single Phillips screw.
          That's the good news.
          Bad news is that the bayonette type bulb is not in a socket, but SOLDERED in. Bummer. And unmarked.
          This is going to take some work.
          Gregory

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Oliver View Post
            I found a viewer in the closet and plugged it in. forward and rewind work great, but I don't see a bulb when I take the back off. Anyone know anything about this machine?
            Thanks,
            Gregory
            Gregory, I found this on the old forum archive:

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...=002645#000000

Comment

if you can find the bulb it should be easy enough to unsolder the old bulb and resolder a new one.
              Last edited by Janice Glesser; June 07, 2022, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X