A Sound Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sound Idea

This excellent video was posted onto the Derann Facebook page, so thought you good folk, if you have not seen it before should watch it, its certainly very interesting and certainly gives you an insight to what is involved in Super.8 striping.

I myself used a "Rexette" way back in the 1970s, until I switched to using Agfa re-striped silent.

Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
    This excellent video was posted onto the Derann Facebook page, so thought you good folk, if you have not seen it before should watch it, its certainly very interesting and certainly gives you an insight to what is involved in Super.8 striping.

I myself used a "Rexette" way back in the 1970s, until I switched to using Agfa re-striped silent.
    Thanks for the post Graham. It brought back fond memories of shooting S8 sound film with my Sankyo many years ago. I still have the camera and all the accessories including that telescoping mic in the video. With the price of film (plus no sound film available) I don't see myself ever using it again. I should sell it on Ebay so that someone with interest might make use of it. Then again, even if it sits in a cardboard box, old toys can still "spark joy"!

Comment

Doug, this video posted by Graham about super 8 sound is well worth archiving in the technical section. Not sure where to put it though, maybe under websites with technical info:.

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...0-a-sound-idea

Comment

Working...
      X