Is this projector lens recommended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this projector lens recommended?

So recently I added a Schneider 1.2 zoom to my collection. I am using it on my Eumig Mark S Super 8 projector. I watched a home movie last night, and the Schneider is pretty sharp. Currently I am using that lens, and the stock Eumig 1.4 that came with the projector when new. I got to thinking why not also add a prime lens to my collection. In researching Eumig primes the one that comes up the most is the Eumig Euprolux 1:1 / 25. I believe this was fitted on the Eumig DL projector. I've been searching for reviews about this particular lens but nothing comes up online. Does anyone here have this lens, and what are your impressions of it? I assume since it's a prime the contrast, and sharpness would be excellent? The Bolex primes I've used in the past are certainly awesome lenses, and I would assume the Eumig would be similar. Below is a photo of the lens in question.

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg Views:	26 Size:	40.7 KB ID:	62011
    Last edited by Shane C. Collins; June 22, 2022, 03:32 PM.

Hi Shane, I have one of these,and its ok but not as good as the Bolex primes. The reveiws of the DL back in the day said the lens was good but not outstanding.The real issue being at 25mm,such a small picture in a medium or small room.It would have been so much better if 12.5mm.

Comment

Originally posted by David Roberts View Post
      Hi Shane, I have one of these,and its ok but not as good as the Bolex primes. The reviews of the DL back in the day said the lens was good but not outstanding.The real issue being at 25mm,such a small picture in a medium or small room.It would have been so much better if 12.5mm.
      Thanks David! I was afraid you might say that in comparison to the Bolex primes. There actually was a 12.5 made but it's harder to find, according to research I've done. That would be the Eumig Suprogon 1:1 / 12.5 lens.
      So when you say the lens is OK are you referring to the smaller image or the sharpness of the lens itself? I also wonder if there are other prime lenses that will fit the early Eumig's? Twist-to-focus and 32 mm would do it I suppose.

Comment

That 12.5 mm would be far more use than the 25mm,but as you say,much harder to find.
        When movie maker magazine tested the DL projector in 1967,I seem to remember the lens was only described as fairly good.

Comment

Working...
        X