Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The/A Quiet man" 3X400ft super 8 sound problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The/A Quiet man" 3X400ft super 8 sound problem.

Hello, hope you're well well.
    I recently purchased the 3x400ft release of The Quiet man (on the box it says A quiet man, but it is more commonly known as "The")
    I played it through my projector, and the sound is ironically very quiet. I find myself turning the volume on my projector all the way up and can still hardly hear the audio. My projector (Chinon sound 6100) has a perfectly well-working magnetic sound reader, so I believe that the problem is with the super 8 Film itself, not my projector.
    The sound is only quiet on reel 1, the rest sound perfect.
    I must also mention that the film is fairly warped, I thought maybe due to how warped it is, the film isn't going through the sound reader as smoothly as it should. But reel 3 is fairly warped and sounds perfectly fine. So I am wondering if there are any possible solutions to this.
    Thanks, have a great day to all
    Attached Files

Clark
    Why don't you contact the seller and ask if he was aware of the sound problem on reel 1?

Comment

I shall do that now.
      Thank you very much, Maurice

Comment

I contacted the seller and they said their "brother-in-law’s father" owned them and that the seller had no idea about the sound issue.
        But I did acquire the super 8 film for a very pleasant price, so I suppose it's nothing to be too unhappy about.
        have a great day

Comment

That release always had issues with variable sound. Sometime the picture was a bit iffy. Least you can increase volume.

Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, Mike. It is highly appreciated.
            have a great day

Comment

How is the color on your print? I have a composite print of the Powell 5x400ft and a Italian or Spanish 3x400ft, and that 3x400ft, while also being less sharp, also has largely lost its color. The Powell has kept at least 90 percent of it's color, so that part looks pretty good.

Comment

it is fairly faded, the picture clarity is very good.
                almost all the colour is just red or white.

Comment

Working...
                X