Saturday Morning Madness REDUX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Morning Madness REDUX?

Folks, I have come upon an idea. Andec still has the negative for "Saturday Morning Madness" at the lab. Steve Osborne, many years ago, suggested that I cut down the negative and make a shorter, 200ft version of this release. Being that the negative already exists, all I have to do is have the negative shipped back to me, and edit out the ones that can go, and re-release it. The question is, would anyone be interested in buying this reel? I would plan on editing it down to either 8 or 9 minutes, but this would make it a wonderful collection of approximately 12 to 16 classic cartoon cereal and otherwise commercials and in this case, all the older, in marginal shape ads will be edited out, leaving a great color reel of commercials. Please let me know!

Also, commercials that there were 2 copies of, will be edited out. For instance, there were two captain Crunch, two Sugar pops, two Starkist tuna ECT. It should be a fairly easy edit. Also, I still have the screenshots from this release, so you can see how good the image actually was!

Comment

Osi,

Can you share a detailed list of the contents of the reel? Also, screenshots that show the color and sharpness would be appreciated. When I searched the archived forum here I could not find a lot of details about this prior release. But, it sounds like a very fun reel to consider...some of the Saturday Morning commercials here in the US are definitely classics.

Comment

I just located my file of screenshots, taken by someone else for me, thank goodness. They're great, but I won't be able to put them up until Tuesday. If I do this, these will be printed by order, and not en masse.

Comment

I purchased Saturday Morning Madness back in 2011. I think a shorter version is a nice option. I'm sure Osi will need a number of strong commitments for him to move forward with this.

Here are some of Osi's screenshots:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (1).JPG Views:	0 Size:	30.9 KB ID:	62659 Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (7).JPG Views:	0 Size:	41.1 KB ID:	62662 Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (14).JPG Views:	0 Size:	42.1 KB ID:	62660 Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (15).JPG Views:	0 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	62664 Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (17).JPG Views:	0 Size:	36.6 KB ID:	62663 Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (23).JPG Views:	0 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	62661 Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (24).JPG Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	62666 Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (25).JPG Views:	0 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	62667 Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (26).JPG Views:	0 Size:	32.8 KB ID:	62669 Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (41).JPG Views:	0 Size:	36.2 KB ID:	62665 Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (43).JPG Views:	0 Size:	36.7 KB ID:	62668 Click image for larger version  Name:	Giosi (44).JPG Views:	0 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	62670

I suddenly have a very strong craving for Hostess Twinkies!

Comment

Thanks Doug! A couple of those won't be on the redux. The commercials spanned the late 60's, all the way up to 1982. Those screenshots were from the completed super 8 print, and remember, were taken from 16mm local TV affiliate prints. I should note that all the commercials were just as bright as the others, but for some odd reason, the light for the assorted screenshots were just not even. Has it really been 11 years? Egad! We even had the local TV affiliate, Fox news, over to our house for the release.
            Last edited by Osi Osgood; July 03, 2022, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X