Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yasma Hannah
    replied
    thanks guys. really helpful. it's a beautiful looking machine, but i rather a real collector have it.

Leave a comment:

• Maurice Leakey
    replied
    Originally posted by John Burgess View Post
    .....I would say the value to be £75 approx. The market is limited for this type of machine as most collectors favour Super 8. Hope this helps....
    It is most difficult to state the value of a very old projector, particularly as this model only projects standard 8 film. There is a saying "something is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it".
    Here is a link to a PDF copy oi its User Manual:-
    Silma Sonik 8 User manual English – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)

Leave a comment:

• John Burgess
    replied
    Hi Yasma
    I used to have one of these machines. They were made in Italy and in their day were quite a complicated projector. Designed to run standard 8 mm film ( not Super 8 ). You could play magnetic striped commercially made films and also record soundtracks on your own home movies. They use a 21-5 volt 150 watt lamp ( expensive to replace now) and used valves for amplification. An unusual feature ( for the day) was three motors, one to drive the mechanism, another for a cooling fan and finally one to drive the capstan for smooth sound reproduction. They ran quietly and projected a good steady picture. If the projector of yours is in good working order including the amplifier( these usually need recapping etc due to age) then I would say the value to be £75 approx. The market is limited for this type of machine as most collectors favour Super 8. Hope this helps and good luck.
    John

Leave a comment:

• Yasma Hannah
    started a topic Silma Sonik 8 projector

Silma Sonik 8 projector

hi all, I have a Silma Sonik 8 projector that was given, seems to be in good condition, turns on a light turns on etc. comes with a stand on some sort. just wondering about its price, i can't seem to find anything about it online. if anyone knows anything about it would be great , thanks
    Attached Files
Working...
X