Light switch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light switch problem

I got this kodascope eight 33 but there is a problem… on a kodascope like this it has a motor switch and a light switch but when I turn the motor on… the light switch is just stuck in the on position. So the light doesn’t turn of at all.

any ideas on how to fix the problem.

Aiden
    Earlier Kodascopes did not have a separate lamp switch. I suspect the spring in the lamp switch has broken. I suggest you have two alternatives.
    1) Leave as ii is. It will work OK.
    2) Replace the lamp switch.
    I assume the fan works.

Comment

Thank you, I will probably replace the lamp switch and yes the fan does work.

Comment

Do you have any idea how to replace the lamp switch?

Comment

Comment

The bottom switch is the lamp switch

Comment

Do you have any idea on how to replace the lamp switch on a kodascope eight 33

Comment

This looks like a pretty normal toggle switch.

if you can get at the back of it, there will probably be either two terminals on the switch with wires soldered to them or two wires running out and soldered to other terminals somewhere else in the machine.

the switch should be held into the chassis by a threaded ring on the outside.

If you see some ratings labeled on the switch, I can probably find a new switch for sale at an electronic parts seller.

First things first: do an exploratory, lots’a pictures!

Comment

Following on from Steve's answer, here is a picture of a toggle switch.
                  It fits through a round hole and is secured by screwing on a multisided nut.
                  I should point out that this is not the correct switch for the Kodascope. I have used it to show how such switchers are secured.
                  Toggle Switch - COM-09276 - SparkFun Electronics

Comment

Comment

When I opened the projector up, it was only the upper part but the switches are in the bottom section so I had no luck yet.

Comment

Aiden
                        I don't know this projector but it is possible that access to the switches might be from the bottom.
                        I assume there is a plate, possibly secured by the screw-on feet.

Comment

Ok, I’ll check it out

Comment

Working...
                          X