Zeiss Ikon Movilux 8A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeiss Ikon Movilux 8A

Have had this projector for a while and it is excellent, quiet running and a bright picture. However today it has started to run slowly, eventually slowing to a halt. I thought that as the motor still works it could be a worn belt inside. Decided to investigate, but cannot see how to remove the back panel, it seems free at the top but not the bottom. Removed one screw close to edge of panel, but it has not released it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Jeremy
    I have a vague idea that there is a back cover retaining screw centrally situated behind the lamp. You may have to remove the lamp to see it.
    Or. I may be thinking of a similar, but different projector.

Maurice

Comment

I have a coloured Movielux not sure if it same as yours, but underneath are two screws both need to be removed to remove back. One secures a clip which holds the front cover the other locates into an L shaped bracket on back. When replacing all need to be lined up.

The screw Maurice mentions is for securing the transformer on my model

Regards Tom

Comment

Maurice is correct. Remove the lamp cover and the lamp. You will see a hole. You need a long shaft Allen wrench to go through the hole and into a bolt that when unscrewed will release the back cover. I don’t recall the Allen wrench size. With a light, you should be able to see into the hole and see the head of the bolt.

Comment

Thanks very much - I will take a look at this today.much appreciated.

Comment

Fantastic! Much appreciate advice. Had to purchase a set of long reach allen screwdrivers, bargain at £4.50 on Ebay. 4mm one worked fine to release the screw accessed through hole behind the lamp. Sorted problem, projector now running sweet as ever!. Many thanks for your assistance guys.

Comment

I am glad my memory was correct. Well done, Jeremy.

Maurice

Comment

Good job.

Comment

Working...
                X