Precious Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious Images

Following on from Ed idea on another topic, Derann did release "Precious Images" on Super 8, although this particular short film, has been out there for a while now, something like this with a running time as suggested by Ed, might be the way to go in the future. Anyway I up-loaded ""Precious Images back in 2019. If I remember right Derann advertised it as Reflections USA, also another one they released was Reflections UK, both were very good. The only downside to my "Precious Images" is the slight popping sound on the soundtrack, apart from that its pretty good.

Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
    Following on from Ed idea on another topic, Derann did release "Precious Images" on Super 8, although this particular short film, has been out there for a while now, something like this with a running time as suggested by Ed, might be the way to go in the future. Anyway I up-loaded ""Precious Images back in 2019. If I remember right Derann advertised it as Reflections USA, also another one they released was Reflections UK, both were very good. The only downside to my "Precious Images" is the slight popping sound on the soundtrack, apart from that its pretty good.
    Graham, your print looks pretty good. I do recall that there were at least two versions of this film. There was an update of the original:

The film was updated in 1996 with more recent films up to that point. The following films are in order of appearance: Philadelphia (1993), Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991), Thelma and Louise (1991), Big (1988), JFK (1991), Drugstore Cowboy (1989), Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988), Driving Miss Daisy (1989), Schindler's List (1993), Do The Right Thing (1989) and Forrest Gump (1994).
    Source: IMDB

I get daily updates from Ebay via email on new films for sale, and I have never seen this up for sale in the past few years.

Comment

That's interesting, Graham!

-and all along I thought that audio pulsation was just something whacky with my print:

Precious Images (Reflections USA)

I even got the idea it got better with different projectors! (-wishful thinking?)

It is a spectacular opener: great visuals and music. It lets the audience know that, yes: we're going to watch some 8mm Films, but maybe there's going to be more going on here than silent home movies of kids' birthdays from 1970!

Comment

The HD version of the film on Youtube has a clean stereo version of the sound for those of you interested in re-recording the soundtrack that pulsats...

Comment

Working...
        X