Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Iron Maiden

Hi all

Does anyone kniw if The Iron Maiden (a 1962 comedy) was released on Super 8 - and if so by who and was it a 400, 2 x 400 or 4 x 400 ? From IMDB I see it may also have been called The Swinging Maiden ?

Thanks

Yes it was, under the title "The Iron Maiden", in America it was known as "The Swingin' Maiden". I have the (Powell Films as I recall?) 4 x 400' version and I believe there was a 400' digest as well. Ran it the other night, see my post in "what 8mm films did I watch last night"

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...tch-last-night
    Last edited by Leonard Goss; March 25, 2020, 04:31 AM.

Comment

I have the 400ft digest it was from Powell Films (Fuji stock). I plan to watch it tonight in advance of he feature being on Talking Pictures TV in the UK next week (I imagine off 35mm though they have shown 16mm films in the past).

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
        I have the 400ft digest it was from Powell Films (Fuji stock). I plan to watch it tonight in advance of he feature being on Talking Pictures TV in the UK next week (I imagine off 35mm though they have shown 16mm films in the past).
        What a fantastic Channel "Talking Pictures TV" is on Freeview 81, it has to be my favourite channel of all time. Great old movies!

Comment

Originally posted by John Halfacre View Post
          Hi all

Does anyone kniw if The Iron Maiden (a 1962 comedy) was released on Super 8 - and if so by who and was it a 400, 2 x 400 or 4 x 400 ? From IMDB I see it may also have been called The Swinging Maiden ?

Thanks
          There's a 4 x 400 print on eBay UK right now John, bit pricey though. Here's the link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-IRON-...efPhq&LH_BIN=1

Comment

Looks like good colour too, I watched my cut down last night it did seem a little brown but not too bad being Fuji, better than SP or Eastmancolor form that time.

Comment

Working...
            X