Beaulieu 708 Studio version with analoge counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaulieu 708 Studio version with analoge counter

I found this Beaulieu 708 Stereo Studio version with analoge counter.
    I believe it must be an early version.
    So how much more interesting is this early one over a regular Beaulieu 708 Stereo version.
    Because the price difference is around €1100

That is a strange one! Normally the Studio version will have an LCD counter as you probably know. Maybe the unit was modded? It also has some strange red markings that are not normally on the model. That is a big price difference when the main difference is the Reel Clips and the LED meters. I was told by a Bjorn of Beaulieu Sweden that the Studio model aside from those 2 differences are very similar to the Standard 708 Stereo models. Also the faders are the old style and not the newer ones. Strange find.

Comment

here is the announcement, in German, with more photos
      https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...28242-245-2024

Comment

The price difference is not that large now that I see the original ad. The standard 708 Stereo usually sells for around $1000 or so and this is a later model for roughly 500 more. The machine looks to have had a rough life. Lots of cosmetic wear so buyer beware. If only I could find a cleaner specimen of a 708 Stereo Studio! One day…one day.

Comment

That is one beautiful projector! I have never had a Beaulieu but I've always admired their look.

Comment

Ive just aquired a 708 el in poor cosmetic condition(it was cheap) but it runs well except no sound,which needs sorting.
            It has some great design features,such as upward facing sound heads that are easy to get at for cleaning,and the best fine focusing system ive ever encountered on a projector.
            The body has a milky/chalky look, in patches. Some sort of reaction with the metal used ,and I suspect its been stored in damp conditions.
            Still,it was cheap,and if I can fix the sound it will get regular use.

Comment

Out of all of the projectors that I own my Beaulieu is the machine that gets used the most. These projectors were so well designed and built, but saying that they are not without their problems.
              Any machine that has been stored away for years is going to need a total service, the main drive mechanism is quiet simple compared to to a GS1200 using a continuous turning belt that connects to two ratchet clutch assembly to determine the direction of the reels ( genus ! )
              Out of every machine I have seen, the grease in this clutch mech has harden so much that the take up and rewind hardly work.

David, does the amplifier produce any form of sound from the speaker when you power up such as a pop, if so the problem could be the track selector switch.
              If the projector has been stored in a damp cold environment it's likely the contacts on this switch have corroded stopping the heads connecting to the preamp. You can access the switch by pulling the plastic cover forwards as it is only held on with clips.

The Beaulieu pdf service / parts manual can be found at:

http://web.jclaude.free.fr/Les%20fic...ONO&STEREO.pdf

Comment

Steve,thanks for that info,which I will try.
                I am very taken by this machine and think it will get a lot of use,if I can sort it.

Comment

David, the paint on early Beaulieu machines is notorious for being bad. Milky, patchy and even falling off. So don't worry too much that it may have been in damp conditions, as this can happen to the best of 'em!

That said, Beaulieu is the number one machine for me.

Comment

Thanks Rob. It wont worry me if I can get the other things fixed.

Comment

Hello,

A good way to know if this machine is a last one producted is to check Electronic Boards. If PCB are "Green" FR4 (Fiber Reinforced Epoxy) , machine is a last one.

If machine is fitted with Bakelite Boards (Cream color on components side) , this is an earlier one.

Also, last machines were showing new Capstan Motor and main motor with a nose Ball Bearing.

A LED "Baregraph" sound level can be installed on B708 SEREO. There are all necessary materials on the market to achieve such a conversion.
                      Main advantage of a LED "BareGraph" in this case is "Baregraph" is more reliable than former Analogic VU-Meter, and lasts longer.
                      Also, when a VU-Meter fails out on former systems, it is very difficult to find exactly the same one. So that , a "BareGraph" conversion is a good solution.

Observe machine showed on above picture is NOT fitted with the 1.1 original Schneider lens.
                      Last edited by Phil Murat; August 20, 2022, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X