How to attenuate speaker signal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to attenuate speaker signal?

My projectors have an external speaker jack (8 ohm) but never a line out. Isn't there something I can put between the speaker output jack and the line level input on a recorder? Or would it suffice just to keep the volume down low on the projector?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Andoer-WS-VS-Dual-Channel-Canon-Nikon-Sony.jpg_Q90.jpg_.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	64948
    I once bought this passive audio mixer attenuator intended to interconnect from line out source to camera's microphone input. Works just fine.
    Later I tried using this to attenuate projector's speaker output down to line level for an audio recorder. Although not designed for this application, but it kinda works also.

Comment

Kirk
      This might do what you want.
      NEW Speaker to 2 RCA Line Output Converter IN / OUT High / Low 685650068053 | eBay

Comment

I run my projector audio through an external audio system. I got a Kodak pageant and it doesn't have line level out, so I had this exact problem.

Line-Out from Speaker Level

If you are inclined to do-it yourself, it's actually pretty easy!

Comment

Steve, that does look dead simple. Simpler still for me, since I am working only with unbalanced inputs, and mono at that. Stealing the design from your Elmo, damn clever.

Maurice, that looks like exactly the right device, and at that price I have little to lose.

Comment

Yep!,

It's just a voltage divider like I learned in 9th grade electronics.

I could have done the same thing with an operational amplifier, but that would have been like cutting my steak with a laser! (Stick with the knife and fork: much less to go wrong!)

Comment

Working...
            X