Bolex paillard m8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolex paillard m8

Hi friends, I have 2 Bolex Paillard projectors that I can't tell the difference as they are both model M8. Can anyone tell me what makes them different? Year of production, country of production, .... Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	BOLEX.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	65034

I'm no expert on these but here's my take. The green unit is probably the older of the two, and I would assume set to 16 fps. The gray unit would probably be the newer machine, and set for 18 fps. Here's some more information from the Bolex page.

​​​​​​http://www.bolexcollector.com/projectors/m8r.html

Comment

Shane, thank you very much. Perhaps the difference lies in what you point out. It seems strange to me that they have the same reference. I have seen the page you indicate before but you can see that it only talks about one of the models. Best regards and thank you very much for your interest

Comment

I have found the information. The first one is from 1949 and the other one is from 1955 and is called M8R. A version of this one was made that allowed the films to be sound-tracked.

Comment

The M-8 was for 110-120 volts.
          The M-8R was for 110-250 volts.

Bolex Collector | Projectors | M-8R

Comment

That's right, and both are 16fps

Comment

From the Bolex website!

In 1959, both models included a built-in stroboscope which allowed the projector to be adjusted to an exact speed of 18 frames per second.

Comment

All M 8 have motor rheostats, can thus be set to speeds between around 12 and 25 fps. Younger models have a loop restorer and an incorporated stroboscope. A modification was offered for SEPMAG sound, consisting of a coupling knob en lieu of the usual inching knob at the front. A flexible cord attached there links to a rheostat box over which magnetic tape is run next to a reel-to-reel recorder. An other device, made by Grundig, provided a pedestal amplifier with COMMAG sound heads on an upstanding arm. All Paillard-Bolex M 8 are Swiss made. They follow the underslung concept of the Bell & Howell 151 Picture Master. One distinct advantage of the M 8 is the infallible lateral film guidance, continued with the later Paillard-Bolex 18-5.

Comment

I was going through some old photos of when I replaced the variable speed control in one of the two M8 projectors, although both projectors have the same silver finish one has the strobe, the other did not.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1260480.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	65226

Name:	P1260467.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	65227

Name:	P1260468.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	65228

Name:	P1260473.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	65229

Name:	P1260472.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	65230

Name:	P1260470.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	65231

Comment

Graham that is a beautiful machine!

Comment

The M8 is a really stunning looking projector - it just reeks of quality design and manufacturing, as does the 18-5. You just can't go wrong with Bolex equipment, they set the benchmark,

Comment

Working...
                      X