Gs1200 Hinge Pin Gadget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gs1200 Hinge Pin Gadget

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0395.JPG Views:	0 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	65310 I've lost count of the number of times I have popped out the rear hinge pin on the front cover of my GS1200'S. The problem occurrs when you fully open the cover by 180 degrees to a near vertical down position. When this is done there is very high stress on that bottom back pin, which is just pressed into the little retaining bracket on the amplifier cover. This is a poor design by Elmo. they should have at least spot welded the pin to the little bracket. I have repaired mine numerous times with epoxy, but one wrong move and that pin will still pop out.
    So I decided on a very simple fix to support the cover in a 90 degree position when having the cover open. A simple swinging wooden beam with a plastic button, bolted to the top surface of my projector stand, for the cover to rest on during cleaning or threading operations. It swing back under the projector when not required. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0394.JPG Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	65309

That's pretty smart.

I ran into this problem a few years back, and after several unsuccessful attempts to repair it with the right hardware, gave up, by using a carefully configured paperclip!

As a solution it's low-tech (and hardly worth bragging about), but so far it has been working well.

In the meantime, I think I'm going to adopt this solution for my GS's.

Thanks for the tip.

Frank

Comment

Working...
    X