Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview with the founder of marketing film (international)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with the founder of marketing film (international)

Dialog: Manfred Menz, founder of marketing film - an interview

A creative businessman and home cinema pioneer.

With the founding of Super 8 distributor Marketing Film in 1972, Manfred Menz brought one of the most important suppliers of high-quality Super 8 film digests to blossom. In this exclusive interview (with English subtitles), Manfred Menz talks about this time and what followed. The first part (out of three) is now available.

And if you would like to know more background information about Mr Menz, please open https://off2.de/dialog-uebersicht/marketing-film-founder-manfred-menz

Thanks for posting that Joachim. Very interesting discussion - I can't wait to see the next two parts.

Comment

Great interview Joachim, thanks for making this important record of part of the history of super 8 package movies.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the interview and hope you can secure more interviews like this with other figures from the super 8 world gone by.

Comment

Great Interview Thanks for posting Joachim.

Comment

Keeping on subject - this thread made me dig in to my archives. I went deep........ Please click on the image to enlarge it likewise.

Comment

Be swell if these and other interviews/histories, could be encapsulated in a book...think of all those obscure outfits that released so many films... interesting reading it would be for collectors and dealers alike...Shorty

Comment

Joachim,

Thank you for the first part of your fascinating interview. I'm so glad you asked the question concerning the switch to polyester stock. What an interesting answer!

Comment

Thank you all, I hope you‘ll enjoy the following parts, too Your generous compliments are a great motivation!

Comment

Joachim, that was absolutely fascinating. Thank you so much to both you and Manfred for making this happen. This is exactly the kind of golden insight that we as super 8 fans want! I can't wait for the next instalment.

Comment

Great, Joachim. Thank You very much!!!!

Comment

I do remember there was an article of Marketing Film on Small Format magazine written by our members (Andreas Eaggling). If it is OK, please someone can put the scan of that very article here to complete the history.

Comment

Interview part 2 with the founder of marketing film is online now!
                        Marketing film international and the distribution of super 8 digests:

Comment

Thanks Joachim!

These are an interesting watch, maybe even a historic record.

(Ich mag deinen Hut!)

Comment

I hope that in your interviews, you will be able to ask what happened with the Raiders of the Lost Ark 3x400 digest, which has always been a mystery. I believe that there was a 3x400ft of Star Trek 2 as well.

Comment

Those are great interviews. Thanks, Joachim, for doing these interviews. BTW, how old is Manfred Menz now? He must have been a very young ambitious man when he started Marketing. Always loved their boxes. I still have some in great shape.

I remember talking to someone at Marketing concerning one of their new releases Conquest of Space not exactly being a desirable title. He said it was Mexico that wanted it but it was canceled because Mexico's economy tanked. This was early 80's. I also remember around this time Ken Films had to raise their prices because the price of silver went up. As you may or may not know there is a lot of silver in film.

Comment

Working...
                              X