Skyriders - James Coburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyriders - James Coburn

Probably a daft question, but I will ask it anyway......

I have seen quite a few copies of this film, Skyriders, as a 200' but never as a 400' which is a shame because the 200' is a great edit. Was it ever released as a 400' ?

It is the same with The Flight of The Phoenix. Great 200' but can I find the 400' ??? NO !

I’ve had the 400 version of Flight of Phoenix colour box and yes I’ve seen Skyrider as a 400 in a plain white box but likely was in a colour box originally. Hoosegow Laurel and Hardy I could never find as a 400 yet I know it came out. I thought I had it once but turned out to be standard 8

Comment

Melvin ,i got the skyriders 400ft by ken films and i must say it,s the best well edited version ,

best : luis caramelo

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7201BFA1-E5F7-45A4-8ADF-1740A5817785.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	66000

Flight of the Phoenix 400

Comment

Here's the box for the 400' Sky Riders. Despite the artwork, the actual title is two separate words. This is definitely one of Ken's better edit jobs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Skyriders 400.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	161.4 KB ID:	66046

Comment

Thanks fellas for your replies. I feel a bit of a plonker now as I suppose it was such an obvious answer. I should have known better. It is just that the 400' versions of these two excellent films just seem to be so elusive these days. I will keep searching.
            Interesting to see that both 400' covers are the same as the 200' ers.

I did have a problem tracking down a third one until earlier this year. The Desert Rats. But during a visit to Phil at CHC I tracked the 400' down so that one is now ticked off my list.

Comment

Melvin some titles are rare to some common to others. Timing and location plays a lot in the search. Is Desert Rats the sequel to The Desert Fox?

Comment

The Desert Rats is a 1953 WWII war film about the North Africa described as a "sort of sequel" to the Desert Fox.

Comment

I am really making a hash of this topic........

for The Desert Rats...... please read...... The Desert Fox. Ken F90

Now....... think I need a stiff G&T !!

Comment

I should have known it was Desert Fox don’t think Rats ever came out as a 400 digest but I do remember seeing it on lists in a longer format.

Desert Fox is a brilliant digest apart from the grainy archive Africa and D Day footage it is a great print. Remember getting mine from Lees Cameras for £6.00 many moons ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X