Repair Help with my old Revere 85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair Help with my old Revere 85

I have an old Revere 85 projector that has been in my family for nearly 75 years, and it's run beautifully until it stripped the fiber gear inside. I found another Revere 85 that had a useable gear. I installed it but now the claw is all out of sync and not working properly. I've worked on this thing for hours AND HOURS and I admit I don't know what I'm doing. Is there anyone out there you'd recommend who knows how to work on these projectors (And is good enough to correct any screw-ups I have left behind). It's been lubricated and at least before the last time I took it apart the motor is running well as are all the other sprockets etc. But I can't get the claw to advance the film properly. It moves, but it's not working right. Anyone really good at this.
    I know I should probably just chuck this thing. I've got other 8mm projectors that work fine, but this is a sentimental project for me. Any help would be appreciated. I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount to get this going like it has for the first 74 years. Message me with any suggestions. I'm going to try National Camera Exchange here in Minneapolis to see if they have any old projector repair men, but this is such a limited field now they probably won't touch it.

Any pictures?

If I can have a look I might be able to help you to figure out the mess, maybe.

Comment

Ken
      Take a look at the video which shows the renovation of a model P.90. It includes the claw mechanism.
      I realise that it is not the same model as yours, but, no doubt, its inner workings are probably the same.
      I know it's a long shot, but it might help.
      Revere P-90 8mm Projector Restoration Part 1 - YouTube

Comment

Working...
      X