Feedback Requested: Possible Reel Image Feature Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback Requested: Possible Reel Image Feature Release

Steve Osborne was curious as to whether there would be any interest in a Super 8mm (35mm sourced) color and scope feature release of the 1959 comedy Pillow Talk starring Rock Hudson, Doris Day, Tony Randall, Thelma Ritter and Nick Adams. The film was nominated for five Oscars, winning for best original screenplay.

Here's a nicely cut trailer for the film.

Doug

Wow, that is fabulous to hear of that possibility. At this point of my life I have never purchased a brand new feature length film. It is on my list of life goals to do at least once though. I have never watched Pillow Talk but it seems high time I do. I can't say count me in at this time but I hope Steve gets a positive response from many

Comment

Any reason for that title in particular?

Also: any idea what it would cost?

Comment

YES! YES! YES! That would be awesome!

Comment

Love the idea! Sadly-Not the title.
          Last edited by Alan Rik; March 28, 2020, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Hey Guys...Here's a chance to have a movie your wives will love

Comment

Maybe...I have never seen it but I do like Doris Day a bunch and scope too....sounds interesting.

Comment

Great idea Doug, I love Doris Day and there's not much on 8mm from her, but although a feature is a good idea, this film would also work in say a 50 minute version, as it is very episodic, therefore I would think quite easy to cut down, but I would think any length would get enough orders as this is one of her best ever comedies, and her teaming with Rock Hudson was a stroke of genius in my opinion. I have this on Blu-Ray and I see it quite often, it would sell well in my opinion, whatever length re;leased.

Comment

It’s great that there’s the possibility of a new Super 8 print being made available and, personally speaking, it’s a good film. However, I also would question the choice of this particular title. I guess the 35 print has become available and it’s not as if there is an infinite choice of source material. It seems though that it’s a film that would have limited appeal = limited sales.

Comment

It's nice that people are still considering bring out super 8 features. However I have to say that features these days are
                    unaffordable to most collectors, and even cut downs are expensive (like Captain America). We were well and truly spoilt from Derann being able to buy 400ft films for under £50 (like Pearl Harbor extract) and trailers for £15. Sadly those days are long gone .
                    Graham S

Comment

Unfortunately if it is scope I'd have to pass. Don't have a lens now and probably not in the future also

Comment

Dave,

The cost is unknown at this point. Steve is checking on collectors' interest before proceeding any further.

Doug

Comment

I would have to say that I would pass. I've never liked "Rock" Hudson and was never able to sit thru a whole Doris Day film in my life.

Personally, I think that Steve would do better to see a release of some 80's fantasy or science fiction film, if it has a good following, or perhaps a classic Hammer Horror that has been unavailable. Something that would run around 90 minutes or so as, that would certainly cut down the cost considerably.

... and personallty, a scope title.

(Now, if someone will only put out a triple scope trailer reel of the three new Star Wars films, together on one super 8 200ft reel! DROOOOL!

Comment

I would be very interested!
                            If the cost is alright I would like to take a print. Especially in Scope...

Comment

It's a yes for me. I support any new feature brought to S8. Just the fact this is being discussed is reassuring for the S8 format. Thank you Steve.

PS: If the print were to look anything like the trailer it would be a winner.

Comment

Working...
                              X