Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to take the volume and tone knob off of an Elmo CL-16

Hey all

i have a loose connection on the audio device and realized now it’s got to be a connection from the volume knob after testing. I have to get the board out and check the joints but I can’t work out how to get the knobs off. Most you just pull but I can’t tell for sure with this one as it’s seems stiff when I tried. Any ideas? There’s two parts of it the volume and tone. It’s the optics only version. I’ve seen some online with screws either side of the volume area but mine doesn’t have that. Any help much appreciated.

If you're projector has a solid front panel you will have to remove the selection knob and remove a couple other screws to gain access to remove the volume and tone knob.

Use a 2.5 metric allen wrench to remove the selection knob. Then remove the screw on the bottom using a Phillips driver. There is also another screw above the front panel that needs to be removed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20221001_215938981.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	66523 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221001-150940.png Views:	0 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	66524 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221001-151320.png Views:	0 Size:	1.17 MB ID:	66525 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221001-151343.png Views:	0 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	66526

I took some of the screenshots above from a nice video showing how to remove these parts in real time. You can start watching at the 3:34 time stamp
    https://youtu.be/VSqzgKn09vk

Comment

Scott
      The two concentric knobs (Tone & Volume) just pull off.
      See the attached video at 4:15.
      The Projector Project - Elmo 16-CL - Advanced Clean and Lube - YouTube

Comment

Janice Glesser Ah! Thank you!!! That’s the issue I’m facing!!!

Comment

Working...
        X