Erno E700 dual 8 viewer not displaying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erno E700 dual 8 viewer not displaying

Hi, I have just bought an Erno E700 Dual 8 viewer off Ebay. The bulb works and is the correct one, the mechanism as far as I can tell works but there is no image displayed on the screen. I've also tried adjusting the bulb in and out a bit but not much difference. Any ideas what may be wrong? If not I'll keep fiddling and/or get a refund.

I don't know the machine but the first thing I would check, assuming you see light at the film gate, is that the mirrors that fold the light round to the screen are all in place.

Comment

You should first remove the lower front cover to take a look at the mirrors that project the image into the tiny viewer lens. As Brian has suggested there could be mirrors out of adjustment...broken/missing...or very dirty. These mirrors are attached with glue and the glue can become brittle and mirror falls off.

There is also a rotating prism that can become disconnected. This is not an easy fix and if this is the problem you should get a refund.

Make sure there is a lens in place...If this is missing ... get a refund.

There is also a large mirror on the back of the viewer. You can remove the back cover to see the condition of that mirror. It too may need a good cleaning.

Comment

Working...
      X