Paillard-Bolex Hi Fi lens for a Sankyo 2000H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paillard-Bolex Hi Fi lens for a Sankyo 2000H

I have some old films I took in the 1980s that I would like to digitise. I currently have an Agfa Family projector, which I used at the time and subsequently bought a Chinon 2000GL. The Agfa developed a line across the screen - either the lens or the diffuser behind the film got scratched, so I bought the Chinon. I wasn't massively happy with the soft pictures from the f1.5 lens on the Chinon and didn't realise the issues with the spaceman bulb and since Sankyos seem to meet with approval on this forum have a Dualux 2000H winging its way to me in the post.

Given that half the films I took were taken with the very basic point and shoot Agfa Family cine camera, I would like to try to preserve as much of the quality of the films as I can, so will be looking to replace the f1.4 lens of the Sankyo with a Paillard-Bolex Hi Fi f1.3 lens. I can see two likely candidates on eBay costing under £20 - one is a 12.5-25mm zoom lens and the other is a 14-25mm zoom. Could anyone who has used a Bolex on their 2000H advise which one of the two has the narrower barrel, so that I can retrobodge it into the Sankyo? Or should I be looking at a fixed distance lens?

The only information I can find online and from reading this forum is that I need to ensure that I have the 1st edition Bolex lens as later ones were thicker and won't fit. None of the eBay listings goes into any detail regarding barrel sizes etc. and it is difficult to guesstimate sizes from the pictures supplied. The 12.5-25mm lens seems to either have a narrower body or a wider hood, whereas the other lens is more or less of one thickness all the way along from what I can see.

If there are any lens alternatives that won't break the bank, please don't hold back.

I would think it was one of the mirrors in the Family projector that got scratched not the lens or "diffuser", which I think is a heat shield for showing still frames. If you can try cleaning them. I had one that gave very bad pictures until I cleaned the mirrors.

Comment

Working...
    X