Beaulieu 708 el

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaulieu 708 el

My 708 projects well until you engage the sound,when the picture begins to judder .Also,the rewind/reverse projection just stops on occasion.ie the front reel stops turning.
    Any ideas please.?

Hi David,
    It sounds like the mechanism that moves the rollers around the second sprocket, and also lowers the sound head pressure plate is gunked up with old hard grease. As this will make the bottom loop fail. I don't know what grease was originally used on these machines in the factory, but everyone I have seen has the same problem, dried up grease. So much so they grind to a halt.

Comment

Steve,
      Thanks for that info.Its ok without sound head pressure on,so what you say makes sense.

Comment

The capstan drive motor is not working,though the belt is ok.
        Does anyone know of things to try, that might fix this?
        Thanks.

Comment

Hello David ,

For a 708 El "Mono" Machine :

- Check Voltage output for Capstan Motor when projector is powered.

- If Voltage is zéro (or almost) , replace T41 (BC327) for a BD136 Transistor . BD136 is stronger and allows more amp to cross over.

BD136 has a bit stronger terminals , so that you will need to increase transistor holes diameter up to 1mm.

Each component shows a serigraphy reference on Regulation Board. You will find T41 next to the I/C.

Let us know .

T41 (or T4 on Stereo machine) failure is a common issue for Beaulieu's machines.
          Last edited by Phil Murat; October 05, 2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Thankyou Phil.

Comment

A few months ago I had the problem that when going backwards in projection it stopped as if it did not have enough strength and in my case it was the part where I indicate you in the photo, I think I remember that I had some piece (14 or 16) with wear . Maybe in your case it's just dry fat.Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	66716

Comment

Thanks Arnau,
                I think the rewind issue probably is old dried grease,as you suggest.
                I will check this out after the capstan motor is fixed.

Comment

Working...
                X