Of Piccolo and Disney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of Piccolo and Disney

I wonder if anyone would have any kind of complete list of the Picolo/Disney releases? It is clear that some releases by this combination, were only available through Picolo films, such as "The Cat From Outer Space", as well as some releases, such as the "20,OOO Leagues Under The Sea" in letterbox! ( I wonder if there were any other Letterboxed editions?)

Super 8 database does have 818 Picolo releases here https://super8database.com/?q=distri...colo%20Film%22

Unfortunately only the Disney cartoons have a separate section (190 entries) , the others are under drama and a couple of Herbie extracts under comedy, but you could sort those out. I don't know if they have the full list yet though.

Comment

In this thread from the GOF, Andreas Eggeling lists many of the Piccolo/German Disney releases and elaborates on the differences between these and their US counterparts.

Comment

Thanks 4 that link, Doug! Nice to hear that "Sleeping Beauty" was also a letterboxed version! Could someone perhaps verify as to whether Picolo/Disney ever released a 300 ft "Black Hole" in the letterboxed format? It would be a natural for that title!

Comment

Was there a 1980 Picolo/ Disney release catalog? If so, it might we'll have The Black Hole, but from what I have also read here, the Picolo Disney Letterbox 300ft releases sound as if they were done earlier on.

Comment

Osi, I know only one release of THE BLACK HOLE from piccolo film which was 400 ft. and not letterboxed.

Comment

Working...
            X