Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very gray Elmo

greetings to all!,
    Visiting ebay I saw this ad and I thought that maybe it's funny to share the find
    What is your opinion ? art or bad taste?​

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28502181607....c100667.m2042

AWFUL. simply awful. what a mess.

Comment

If a movie projector could be a ghost, that's what it would look like!

(-Perfect for Halloween!)

The shame of it is once it WAS a nice machine. No matter what it was like before, as soon as paint wound up on those guides it became a scratcher for sure. I wouldn't let my films be in the same neighborhood as this machine!

Comment

I cannot see any advantage of doing that !

Comment

And why anyone would paint over the Dymo tape label on the back is incomprehensible to me.

Comment

Obviously, a previous owner had too much time on his hands.
            £250 seems a bit of a top-end price.

Comment

Yikes!!!!!

Comment

It does have the F1.1 lens, and I think the silvered part of that is actually some kind of removable shade.

Maybe somebody will offer to take it off their hands cheap and at least salvage that lens.

Comment

To be honest after a second viewing it looks as if someone has painted it in Hamerite silver (hammer finish).

Comment

At first glance i thought it was a black & white photo.

Comment

I have a silver Elmo ST-600D. Perhaps the painter had tried to copy it.
                      Elmo ST-600D movie🎬 and sound🔊 projector - YouTube

Comment

Bet it was used in a bar or club as either a projection loop item or a point of interest. So poor projector 📽 likely has drink and drugs issues.

Remember being in a bar in Brussels once and there was this dead tree with things hanging from it. You can guess what the things were. Anyway I asked the staff what with the dead tree and the used durexes. Apparently , they were pigs 🐷 bladders so that was okay.

Comment

I say strip the good parts, and use the rest of it as target practice.....

Comment

Hammerite strikes again and looks like the grey rust beater flavour.

Comment

Working...
                            X