Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regular vs xenon version, other different features other than the bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular vs xenon version, other different features other than the bulb?

There are several projectors type that have two versions, while they are from the same model. For example GS-1200 has regular and xenon version. The price is far different.

So other than the bulb (and must be the transformer), is there any sigfinicant different features on the respective versions?
    Last edited by Winbert Hutahaean; November 06, 2022, 02:11 PM.

[QUOTE=Winbert Hutahaean......So other than the bulb there must be a transformer......[/QUOTE]

I am not replying in connection with the GS-1200, but in general for most xenon projectors. The lamp requires a rather large power pack which usually is in a separate unit and can be quite heavy.

I have a 16mm Eiki EX-2000A which is in one piece with the power unit underneath. The lamphouse has been extended to accommodate the length of the xenon lamp. The speaker is in the side cover. It gives a wonderful white light. I can just about lift it.

Eiki EX 2000 A (16mm) | Bd-cine.com

Comment

I certainly remember the B&H 666 Marc 300 had an under-projector power supply that seemed to weigh more then the projector when I had to put it away after use.

Comment

The Bell & Howell 666 was a great projector for its time. I believe its lamp is now probably obsolete. A well-known person had his two 666 projectors changed to HID 150 lighting.
        I also believe that the Marc 300 lamp life was rather short.

Bell & Howell Filmosound 666A – Parts Finder – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)

Comment

Thankfully it wasn't mine but the theatre were putting on the show at provided it so I had to put it away every night, but it only ran for about 39 mibutes a time.

Comment

Winbert,

Apart from the bulb housing and the ballast, the Xenon GS-1200 is basically the same as the tungsten version. My Xenon has since undergone an HID conversion by Alan Gouger, which I'm extremely happy with.

Comment

Working...
            X