Betty Boop in colour coming to S8 restored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty Boop in colour coming to S8 restored

I have a feeling that 2023 is going to be THE year for Collectors who buy new 21st century films releases.
    Undegoing restoration Betty Boop in colour Poor Cinderella. It would be nice to see this back to its original glory. Watch this space!

This was the only Betty Boop ever made in colour.
    Betty Boop - Poor Cinderella (1934) Comedy Animated Short - YouTube​​
    Last edited by Maurice Leakey; November 08, 2022, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Two colour Cinecolor I see. Like The Calico Dragon that Derann released many years ago now.

Comment

When three strip Technicolor was introduced Walt Disney got an exclusive contract for a short while. He released "Flowers and Trees" in 1932. Other distributors had to wait for their share!
        Silly Symphonies - Flowers and Trees (1932) - YouTube

Comment

Bought the Super 8 print of "Flowers and Trees" from Derann, its a outstanding color print and well worth looking out for

Comment

This is an interesting cartoon. It is two strip technicolor, but some prints have a much more balanced color. Most of the restored prints have a very bluish/ reddish quality, but here's hoping that this is one of the very good restorations, as I personally adore Betty. BTW, wasn't this already released on super 8 sound? I'd swear I have seen a print or two over time.

Comment

Working...
            X