Road to Andalay 1964 on Super 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road to Andalay 1964 on Super 8?

Was the Warner Brothers 1964 cartoon "Road to Andalay". ever released on Super 8 sound? I hope so, as Techno Films released a lot of the Speedy Gonzales cartoons, and if it was released in the see thru plastic box, with the purple labels, then there is a chance of really good color, as a lot of these were printed on agfa.

Osi, I don't know if it ever made it to Super 8, but it was restored by Warner for their streaming service. The restored version is available on Youtube in 1080p and stereo sound. When looking for copies on film, look for the full 7 minute version which should include the deleted scene of the falcon ripping Sylvestor's scalp off. Here is the "restored" version on Youtube:

Comment

I was able to download that, just the other day. As a general rule, after 1963 and the last year of the Warner studio cartoons were produced, Freleng and Depatie leased the closed Warner's studio and started producing Pink Panther cartoons and ironically, were hired to release new cartoons for Warner Brothers. However, as a general rule, cartoons produced during this period were fairlyawful, especially the Road Runner cartoons. However, I had not seen this specific cartoon before, and was.pleasantly surprised by not just the gag content, but the animation as well. I will be watching for this one,but it might be hard to find, as those Techno super 8's are in Italian, and often,they change the actual titles to the cartoons, on the box and otherwise.

Comment

Another one to download is "I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat​" which is a newer WB cartoon done in Scope. They re-animated it but kept the classic voice work from Mel Blanc and June Foray. Graham Ritchie found this one on Youtube after a post* he did on his 35mm scope version of it.

*See https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...age7#post63179

Comment

I think CHC are planning a Super 8 release of that one.

Comment

Seriously?

Comment

From their latest listing emailed to me a few days ago:-

LATEST FILM LISTINGS FROM CLASSIC.
              NEW S8 RELEASES. DUE IN SOON
              These are I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat scope Warner toon
              Adventures of Robin Hood (Flynn) Colour trailer
              The Third Man trailer/ Fistful of Dollars series scope trail-ers, 2 New Daysets and tags reels , Shane and Laurel and Hardy cinema re-release restoration promo.​

Perhaps you should email Phil to get these lists sent to you.

Comment

Working...
              X