Elmo K110 SM vs. K-110 SM/E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo K110 SM vs. K-110 SM/E

Does anybody know what the difference is between the Elmo K110 SM and the K-110 SM/E? The specs look the same in the Super8Database listing.

Janice
    The SM has fully variable voltage from 100 to 240.
    The SM/E has only one voltage of 220.
    Perhaps E stands for Europe?

Comment

Thanks Maurice! I kind of thought that might be the case, however it was being sold here in the US. I don't see many strictly European voltage projectors sold here. I have an Elmo K100 which has the variable voltage.

Comment

Janice
        I have a 16mm sound Kodak Pageant AV-12M6-L. It's Opt/Mag plus record.
        The ones I found were USA voltage only. But, eventually, eight years ago on German eBay, I found one for European voltage. It cost 250 English pounds although I had to pay the seller in Euros.
        It's a great machine which folds up into one case.

Comment

I don't think it's anything to do with European. I saw an image of the 'voltage plate' for a /E and it clearly says 120V. One thing I did notice is that the K-110 SM seems to use the C13/14 power cord setup (C14 is the power socket like used on a desktop PC or monitor, C13 is the plug that goes into it).

The K110 SM/E looks like it might use that bespoke Elmo round 2 pin setup. Many of the Elmo models that use that bespoke cable seem to be missing it. The C13 cord is easy get and cost pennies at a thrift store if you don't have one., the other you'll need a $30 adapter from Van Eck unless you want to convert it to accept a C13 or a C5 (the 'mickey mouse' connector).

Comment

Click on the attached and scroll down to the photo of the rear of an "E". It clearly shows 220v. (No other voltage).
            Spare part finder – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)​

Comment

Well Maurice and Alister it appears that you both are correct. Looks like Elmo made a European and a US version of the K110 SM/E. Here is a photo of the US 120v model I found for sale at the Goodwill. This projector has an attached power cord. It's still a mystery to what the actual difference is to me

Click image for larger version

Name:	Elmo K110SM-E Front.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	68895 Click image for larger version  Name:	Elmo K110SM-E Back.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	68892 Click image for larger version  Name:	Elmo K110SM-E bottom.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	68893

Comment

That's the one I was looking at. I took a guess that you might be bidding on it so refrained! I also read that they tend to have problems with the spindle, so that was also a factor. I have a VP-A on the way that seems practically unused that is missing the power cord (that 2 pin one). But I will likely just convert it to a C6 jack. If it looks like I cannot do it cleanly I will get the adapter, but that's $30 and more than the projector cost.

Comment

I did bid on it...but was out bid by $1

Comment

Originally posted by Janice Glesser View Post
                    I did bid on it...but was out bid by $1
                    Wasn't me! (This time......). Don't feel too bad. You could have been outbid by $50 but Goodwill only shows the incremental bid that beat you.

Comment

The one shown on the Van Eck website is, of course, for Europe at 50 Hz. As opposed to US which is 60 Hz.

Comment

Working...
                      X