8mm Projector with VP bulb vs. Xenon vs. HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8mm Projector with VP bulb vs. Xenon vs. HID

Here is in Asia there is a new trend of 8mm and 16mm collectors to convert their projector bulb from halogen (tungsteen) bulb to video projector's one. This is due to the fact there are plenty VP bulbs around after million VP was made and now are stacking in the storage with problems that does not effect the bulbs.

Yes the new VP bulb is very expensive but these salvaged bulbs are very cheap.

I haven't seen them in action personally except from FB page but what do you guys think if is compared with Xenon or HID bulbs? Would the VP's bulb give a par result?​

I would imagine it would depend on the size of the projectors DLP or LCD chip if too big it would be difficult to get all the light through the 16mm or 8mm projection aperture.

Comment

I think many LCD x 3 panels are very close to a 16mm size, some quite close to 8mm even on the diagonal.

Not a bad idea, but I think you would need extra cooling possibly ? Picture wise though would be very nice.

Its about time there was a bob on LED A1/131 or A/ 232 in the offing with more light, but nice and cool.

Best Mark.

Comment

Working...
      X