IR to RF REPEATERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR to RF REPEATERS

Its great to connect the audio output of your projector to an AVR and be able to control all your audio functions for Super 8mm, DVD, Blue Ray and CD'S , room lights and powered screen masking all from remotes while sitting in your chair in the room. But what happens if all the audio equipment is in a cabinet in the back of the room behind your seat, or even in a closet or another room. Then you need to use an infra-red to Radio Frequency - to infra red relay system. I purchased mine at Best Buy for about $45.00 each for each pair and they work great. Now you can position the IR receiver unit under your screen so you point your remotes at the screen, just like a TV( I mounted mine under the front left speaker)and it will convert any IR remote code to a wireless RF signal. You then mount the little RF receiver unit in front of your equipment rack ( wherever it may be located) and it will convert the RF signal back to the same IR code as the remote control. Just make sure that all your equipment can 'see' the output IR signal. For my set up, where I have mounted the RF receiver to a wall in the room (see photo) I had to angle mine from the wall mount by about 15 degrees for all my equipment to be able to capture the IR signal
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Paul Adsett; April 03, 2020, 03:26 PM.

Another option is to go all RF. With a universal remote that converts IR to RF and communicates with an RF base unit. The base unit comes with IR cables that you route to each IR unit. This solution avoids the need have equipment in line of sight of the remote, and replaces all of your other OEM remotes. There are two significant disadvantages to this kind of setup. First, it will be more expensive to implement (a good universal remote can set you back about $200). Second, with this solution your remote works just about anywhere in your home, so if you hit the wrong button while watching TV in the living room, you may wind up turning on all your equipment in your dedicated screening room by mistake. More info here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	remote base.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	7035

Comment

To be honest most of the time the reflection of the IR from pointing the control to the screen is enough to be read by my amp, player and projector.

Comment

Working...
      X