Brumberger 1503 8mm Projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brumberger 1503 8mm Projector

I really enjoy watching my 8mm - 200 ft silent reels and my Brumberger projector is perfect for the job. This projector definitely gets you back to basics. It does have an on-off switch but you need to change the external wire belt to go from forward to rewind.

Last night I watched my 200 ft real of The 7th Voyage of Sinbad - Cyclops. It's a great edit with the iconic stop motion animation. It's one of my favorite reels.

​​​​​​​

That's a really cool machine, thanks for sharing with us Janice! I like the classic design, and the rear belt set-up is interesting. I have to say that think flies in reverse, holy cow LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice Glesser View Post
      I really enjoy watching my 8mm - 200 ft silent reels and my Brumberger projector is perfect for the job. This projector definitely gets you back to basics. It does have an on-off switch but you need to change the external wire belt to go from forward to rewind.
      Janice, your post brings back found childhood memories! The Brumberger was my first projector. It was part of a package which included a few Castle 8mm films, a roll-up white plastic screen, and a Kodak Brownie 8mm camera. The little Brumberger was built like a tank and was so simply to load and run and even a kid could run it without destroying a film. I lost count of the number of "pop-up Cinemas" this "toy" inspired. I still have all those Castle films and the Brownie camera, but the motor on the Brumberger died long ago and was replaced by a B&H 8mm projector that held 400 foot reels.

After watching your video, Youtube suggested the video below. It is the Brumberger re-branded as a Thunderbird.

Comment

Working...
      X