Eumig 934

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 934

Ive been playing around with an Eumig 934,purchased very cheaply,and in what seems to be unused condition.Its the same mechanism as the 938/940 models,just a smaller lamp,and mono sound. Its rather nice,though nothing like as solid in its construction as the earlier series.Also,what a crazy design for the gate,which is quite hard to get at for cleaning.
    Ive taken the standard lens and removed the internals,leaving me with a 28 mm sleeve.This takes my xenovaron lens perfectly and gives a big bright picture at a short screen distance.
    The sound is very good,and no hum,which is a problem I get with my Bauer"s.
    The side cover is a pain to remove,two screws to undo,but one holds it in place well,so ive glued a small piece of metal to this so that you don't need a screwdriver. A small mod,but it makes the projector nicer to use.
    Its also reasonably quiet,though not as good as the Bauer in that respect.
    Its been nice having this to play with during these worrying times.

Sounds good David, I've had a few Eumig's over the years, the film is tricky to get out mid projection but then so is the Bauers, they run pretty quiet and give a nice steady picture, as long as the drive disc is good they run forever,odd system but they stuck with it. I was after a 940 for a while but only found a few with worn heads so left it, Mark

Comment

I was thinking of a 938,but then decided I didnt need stereo sound,and the lower models give just as good a picture for much less money.
      One good thing is that the head pressure pad comes right out,so you can clean the heads and pad easily.

Comment

Yes I agree David, the lesser models can be found cheaply and do a good job, the only one I dont like is the 926, that reel set up is awful ,Mark

Comment

Yes that coaxial reel design was one of Eumig's few marketing blunders. The 900-929 series all had coaxial reels with a single rear sprocket, but the 930 thru 940 series all had conventional in line reels with two sprockets, and are all excellent machines.

Comment

I've used a Xenovaron lens in a 932 without doing any alterations, it is a standard Eumig barrel size and thankfully fits almost ever projector I have.

Comment

Brian,I know what you mean regarding the xenovaron.I use the sleeve because it gives precise focusing and I have a 28mm barrel lens to go in it.
              I also have a 32.5mm xenovaron which I could have used,but not as easy to focus.
              I was delighted to find that dismantling the eumig lens supplied with the 934 resulted in a 28mm sleeve,which was just what I hoped it would be.

Comment

Working...
              X