Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Adsett
    replied
    Glad to hear it Steve. I am wondering if Eumig might have changed the material of the heads at some point in production. My first S802 heads wore out completely within a few years and I had to replace them twice! But my later S820 still seems to be just fine with belting sound.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    started a topic Those "AWFUL" Eumig Heads

Those "AWFUL" Eumig Heads

Today's Eumig discussion brought me back a long time. Back in 2003, the first time I was a Newbie on this Forum, there was discussion of how soft the heads are on Eumig projectors and how quickly they wear out.

-This kind of stuff always happens to me! I once put an oil additive in my car and literally within days read a report it was an engine destroyer (It wasn't: I drove about 150,000 miles after that reading and sold the car still running.) In this case, after about 20 years I had finally broken the Sound barrier and bought an 800 Series Eumig. Immediately I started to hear that it was on the verge of wearing out. I developed this spectacular plan to ration time on it, and I'm sure this played a role in the parade of other sound projectors I've picked up in the years since.

The good news is 17 years later, it's actually still OK. A few years later Paul Adsett showed us how to open up the heads for cleaning, and I've managed to look at it with a magnifier a couple of times. It looks fine: nothing worn looking.

I'm not saying people were wrong about this, especially with respect to the heads on other machines.

I'm glad to say I was wrong about how bad I thought it was. I've used the machine as much as I wanted and all is still well.
Working...
X