Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my Projector

Hi guys

I've inherited some 8mm footage of my family from the 70's. So i bought a projector (Pathescope) and its in great working condition apart for a missing belt.
    After my purcase to replace the belt I tried to watch a few reels ... however everything seems to be working fine, the reels are rotating in sequence, the bulb works fine, but the picture itself isn't working.
    Its flickering, not showing the actual film recorded.
    I noticed if i put it on hold, that i can see the image, but if I continue to play, its back to the flickering again.
    I feel that Im doing something wrong but I cant figure out why?
    The film is going into the spool correctly and everything seems lined up ok.

Id really appreciate it if someone can shed a bit of light what I could be doing wrong.

Thanks for any help

​​​​​​​Andrew

What model projector is it?
    Have you closed the gate correctly?
    It may be that the claws are not feeding the film as they should.

Comment

Hi Maurice

Thank you so much in replying.

Its a Pathescope P124 projector, I was so particular and aware about everything i was doing and checking and over checking with my daughter but we both couldn't find the reason why we couldn't get the film working.

We feel that we're 95% there producing the film for my aunt but its the final hurdle

Andrew

Comment

Andrew, I don't know your machine but from what you describe, I wonder if the problem is not that the loading system stays in place while you're projecting. On some projectors, the system unlocks itself (when everythings works right) often when you turn the main switch on the forward position, on other machines, you have to press a part to unlock this loading mechanism.

Comment

Andrew
          This is only badged as a Pathescope, it is made in Japan.
          I agree with Dominque. It appears to be an auto-load projector. The auto-loading might be disengaged by pulling on the film after it leaves the bottom sprocket. To do this the motor must be stopped.
          Pathescope Projector Pathe P-124 Film PROJECTOR P124 Japan for Spares Repair | eBay

Comment

After studying the photos from Maurice's Ebay link, there is a small silver roller after the bottom sprocket that looks like it disengages the auto threading mech.
            Maybe this has seized up ?

Comment

A good observation, Lee.
              Perhaps by pulling the film (as I said above) will exert pressure on the roller to disengage the auto-thread mechanism.

Comment

Working...
              X