X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming in early 2023

COMING IN EARLY 2023

THE SUNDOWN THEATER
    When the sun goes down – the movies go up!
    Working with extra equipment saved from previous upgrades – I am pleased to announce my latest venture with super 8 and 16mm movies at home: Outdoor screenings during these wonderful Florida evenings between November 1st through April 15th. This will of course be subject to good weather, and in general try it you might like it.

I’ll be writing more very soon. The indoor projection is now complete. The screen is also here and will be erected soon. Anticipated first screening with friends and family by February……

To be continued :-)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNDOWN_THEATER_POSTER.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	71327

Good for you, Chip! If these are as successful as previous ventures, all are to have a marvelous time, as you put on a hellavu show!

Comment

Name:	IMG_6609.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	78080 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6622.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	78079 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6617.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	78078
      making progress on this movie. Sceen officially was redone and hung this afternoon.

Comment

More images

Comment

Name:	IMG_6625.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	78125 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6626.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	78124
          pictures from first scope movie on the outside screen

Comment

From the two photos directly above

Screen size is approx 5 x 11 feet. Indeed the largest super 8 movie screen I've ever owned.

Monday evening April 10th. First attempt running cinemascope. The Cinevision Kempski copy of 2001 A Space Odessy. Faded unfortunately but still what a title to pick to kick it off! Pleased to report only minor adjustments with alignment. The mission is accomplished. Now to get people to attend!

Comment

I thought I recognised the picture in your previous post. I was right.

Comment

Love those pictures

Comment

Now on youtube. Taped on May 2nd 2023

https://youtu.be/wemx8HKmRr8

Comment

Very impressive Chip! Excellent job.

Comment

A very professional looking set up by Chip - but that's no surprise! ☺
                      The only thing I would do differently is to raise the front speakers out of the milk crates and position them at ear level for the best sound. Since his yard has a downward slope from the viewing chairs, that may mean attaching them, at least temporarily, up near the top outside edges of the screen
                      Good luck to Chip, I hope he gets a lot of evening visits from his neighbors, who are surely in for a treat.

Comment

The speakers sit on top of the milk crates...not inside. Also they are placed just ahead of the seats in agreement with community leaders who approved and allow me to do this.
                        I also use a matching pair of Polk CS 100 center speakers which produce very good beefy sound.
                        Paul makes a good suggestion however that is not possible for me at this time.

Comment

Looks great Chip. Well done. I fancy a trip too the US later in the year so might book a seat 😀
                          You just need to try to tension the screen material to get rid of those creases. Just a thought my friend.

Comment

Kevin save the date we will work on that together would love for you to stay at my house.

Comment

I'm up for that Chip but later in the year 👍 Never been to the US so this is a good excuse 😀

Comment

Working...
                              X