Video about German Star Wars digests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video about German Star Wars digests

Hello, I published my latest “opus magnum” on YouTube: about the first releases of Star Wars on Super 8 in Germany. I‘ve been working on this for nearly one year now (not all the time, but from time to time). Besides the attempt to define the value of Super 8 digests in the media reality in Germany in the late 70s you can also see the first minutes of each title. I took the time to add English subtitles, so, if you like, please have a look:

https://youtu.be/H7Wd3wPJi7g​

I still have both German Star Wars digests and yep, they still have vintage color, being on Agfa! I've always thought that the color is more vivid on the Marketing digests than the Ken Films version.

Comment

I should add that we are able to find the Empire Strikes Back on low fade L.P.P., as Ken Films, thankfully, released the very last printings of they're Empire parts 1 and 2 on LPP, December of 1982, as the leader actually gives the date, but these specific copies are becoming as rare as hens teeth.

Comment

One more note ... As many others know as well, the Ken Films folks released the Star Wars part 2 in a rare scope version as well, which was the first time we could actually watch this beloved film in SCOPE in our own homes! Now the Cineavision folks actually released this scope version of this part 2 as well, but in the specific Cineavision style, and it has always been a question in my mind as to which came out first, the Cineavision copies, or the Ken Films scope copies? Anybody know? ( Technically, one could put they're scope lense on the Star Wars part 1 digests, and watch the Star Destroyer come down the screen, as that opening shot was left in scope I'm the digest, for some odd reason. Thanks for that video! I never knew that UFA actually released that Star part 2 with the last battle sequence in Germany, as you know as we LL, it ended with the Tie Fighter/ Mellenium Falcon battle originally.

Comment

Ausgezeichnet, Joachim! Das freut mich sehr und früher hatte ich auch Das Imperiam schlägt zurück auf Super 8.

Comment

Working...
          X