Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens standards for Super8-projectors?

Hi!

Is there an overview of the different standards for lenses? They seem to not only differ in size/diameter, but also in how the lens is moved when focusing: Some lenses have a thread and get screwed into the projector, others have an unthreaded barrel with a protruding pin, others have something carved into the barrel ("ring", "T", …)… .

(The reason why I am asking is that there f1.1 or f1.0 lenses for some projectors that are rumored to result in a much brighter image than the default lenses (f1.3-1.5).)

Jörg

Originally posted by Joerg Polzfusz View Post
    Hi!

(The reason why I am asking is that there f1.1 or f1.0 lenses for some projectors that are rumored to result in a much brighter image than the default lenses (f1.3-1.5).)

Jörg
    That's not a rumour, that's a fact. The less the figure shows on the lens, the brighter it is. Same that on cameras : if you shoot on bright sun, you have to set your aperture at 16 or 22, but if there is few light, you use 1.8 (or less, if you have an "XL" camera). By the way, on some models, 1.0 lenses where the default ones.

Comment

Hi!

Is there an overview of the different standards for lenses? They seem to not only differ in size/diameter, but also in how the lens is moved when focusing: Some lenses have a thread and get screwed into the projector, others have an unthreaded barrel with a protruding pin, others have something carved into the barrel ("ring", "T", …)… .

Jörg
      What projector model are you using? Many projectors can use the same style lenses across different models if the threading or pin is the same. The Eumigs I own all have twist-to-focus lenses, that work in all the models that use this style. Of course the lens diameter also has to be the same. The early Eumigs in my collection are 32.5 mm diameter. I was able to purchase a 1.0 Eumig zoom that produces a nice bright, sharp image from frame edge to frame edge. These types of lenses will give you a brighter image on screen. If your projector is 100 watts a lower F numbered lens will help when showing a movie on a large screen, etc. Another thing to remember is the lower the F number the more precise the focusing has to be. The type of focusing your projector has will determine how precise you can focus. Plus the quality of the lens comes into play here as well. Many projector manufactures made some really nice zoom, and prime lenses over the years. Eumig, Elmo, Bauer, Bolex, etc.

Comment

Hi!

I'm looking for a replacement for the "1.3 15-30mm" lens that came with my Yelco DS-810MT projector. There should be a fitting "1.0 14-28mm" lens (either branded Yamawa/Yelco or Fujinon - but according to some rumors it might have also been branded as Porst).

My problems are:
        1. Yelco used at least two different lens mounts over the years.
        2. So far, I have seen the lens sold separately only ones - for nearly 500€. But at the same time, there are projectors for 50-150€ on eBay that have a 1.0 or 1.1 lens. Hence my idea was to get a complete projector, swap the lens and then sell it again.

Comment

....I'm looking for a replacement for the "1.3 15-30mm" lens that came with my Yelco DS-810MT projector. There should be a fitting "1.0 14-28mm" lens (either branded Yamawa/Yelco or Fujinon - but according to some rumors it might have also been branded as Porst).]

Yelco projectors were branded as Porst for selling in Germany.
          I have a Porst Sound MT2.which was made by Yelco.
          Spare part finder – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)
          Click on "Meer lezen" to see the full details and also reference to the original Yelco.​​

Comment

Hi!

I'm looking for a replacement for the "1.3 15-30mm" lens that came with my Yelco DS-810MT projector. There should be a fitting "1.0 14-28mm" lens (either branded Yamawa/Yelco or Fujinon - but according to some rumors it might have also been branded as Porst).

My problems are:
            1. Yelco used at least two different lens mounts over the years.
            2. So far, I have seen the lens sold separately only ones - for nearly 500€. But at the same time, there are projectors for 50-150€ on eBay that have a 1.0 or 1.1 lens. Hence my idea was to get a complete projector, swap the lens and then sell it again.
            Not sure if this old post from 2017 is of any help. It mentions someone retrofitting a Bell & Howell 1.0 zoom lens to the Yelco DS-810MT. Here's the link to that post.....https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=3;t=003181

Comment

Originally posted by Shane C. Collins View Post

Not sure if this old post from 2017 is of any help. It mentions someone retrofitting a Bell & Howell 1.0 zoom lens to the Yelco DS-810MT. Here's the link to that post.....https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=3;t=003181
              I confirm that this lens fits my Yelco.

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
                Yelco projectors were branded as Porst for selling in Germany.
                I know. But I don’t know whether the lenses have been rebranded or not. E.g. most (but not all) of the „Revue“-devices sold by „Quelle“ also had the lenses rebranded as „Revuenon“.

Comment

Working...
                X