Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig P8 Automatic question

Hi,
    Total newbie here.. I recently inherited some old 8mm films from my parents after they died last year so fancied having a go at viewing them. If I remember correctly one film is of Prague zoo taken in the 1960s and the other of a trip my father made up Mont Blanc to view the crash site of an Air India plane in 1966.
    I recently purchased an Eumig P8 automatic on Ebay for around £10 but the first time I fired it up the bulb burnt out. It seems these bulbs, A1/193, are like hens teeth and cost a lot more than the projector! I noticed one company (BLT direct) used to sell a halogen bulb equivalent but these have not been available since 2018. Does anybody know how easy it is be to convert the projector to use a modern halogen bulb. I gather Osram used to sell an adapter but it seems this is no longer available either?

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
    Carl

Carl
    Regrettably the small Eumig tended to have a design change of lamp quite regularly. The original model hails from the early 50s so lamps for those are now obsolete.
    However, the transformer details were never changed for a 100watt 12volt lamp. The latest models used the 2-pin A1/215. If you can somehow install this lamp it will OK. But there may be a lot of work involved.
    Maybe an idea to find the latest P8, there are always plenty on eBay.

Here is the A1/215:-
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/215-100W-Pr.../dp/B000KHBTSK

Maurice

Comment

The problem with the p8 is that any part is more expensive then what the projector is worth, the machine is of very good quality and there are many made and still left. Van Eck Video services sells these lamps for good prices

Comment

Working...
      X