Projector lens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector lens?

So I purchased a lens last night that I've been researching but can't find any information. Does anyone know what projector this prime was sold with? It's barrel diameter is 32.5 so will work with my Eumigs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.5 KB ID:	72045

Are you sure it was sold with a projector? Some lenses seem to have been sold separately as upgrades to the cheaper and lower specification ones sold with some projectors.

Comment

The focal length of this lens appears to be 15mm, just over one half inch. Therefore, it is very doubtful that it ever was supplied with a new projector.
      The Isco-Gottingen lenses were (are?) of high quality, and I suspect this lens was very expensive.
      Fine if you need a large picture at a very short throw.

Comment

After checking I have an even wider angle one that I bought separate from a projector f/1.3, 10mm same make. And yes it was rather expensive even in the late 1970's (or early 1980's) when I bought it.

Comment

Looks like Shane has got himself a fine piece of glass😊

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input! It does seem as though this lens was an upgrade for those not wanting a zoom lens. From the research I've done, it looks like these lenses were sold for the Fumeo 8 OemmeO, and the Micron OemmeO, in 8 Mauer format (optical std8). The lens itself would have been made at the Isco/Schneider factory. Normally only available in Italy and Spain. In fact the lens I purchased is coming from Spain, and will probably take some time to get here. I'm excited to see how sharp this lens is compared to other primes I have in my collection. Currently using the Eumig Suprovar 1.0 zoom which I love, so we'll see. The Bolex 1.3 15mm prime lens I once used was great for showing a large image on a standard size projector screen, so I'm familiar with 15 mm lenses. I'll report back once the lens arrives, and I have tested it.....

Comment

I came across this lens fitted to a Kodak Instamatic M66. I doubt very much this was the original lens, somebody in the past must have fitted it. Its certainly a nice lens, The barrel diameter with a Digital Caliper comes to around 33.23mm. I tried it on the "Eumig Mark S" there is no way it will fit, just to big.

Here is hoping your barrel diameter is smaller than this one.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	P1320098.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	72096

Name:	P1320100.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	72097

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
                I came across this lens fitted to a Kodak Instamatic M66. I doubt very much this was the original lens, somebody in the past must have fitted it. Its certainly a nice lens, The barrel diameter with a Digital Caliper comes to around 33.23mm. I tried it on the "Eumig Mark S" there is no way it will fit, just to big.

Here is hoping your barrel diameter is smaller than this one.

Name:	P1320098.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	72096

Name:	P1320100.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	72097
                Thanks Graham for chiming in! Yeah I too hope this lens will fit the Eumig 709. The seller listed this as 32.5 mm at the mount. Well the good news is I didn't pay a lot for it, just under $40 dollars. So if in fact it's too large I won't cry too much I suppose, LOL.

Comment

Your welcome Shane, hope the lens you do get fits.

Comment

Well I am happy to report the Isco-Gottingen 15 mm prime lens has arrived, and it fits perfectly in the Eumig Mark S 709. The lens measures 32.5 mm, which is the standard barrel size for these early Eumig's. I have not had the time to test the lens just yet, but will do so later this week. I'll be curious to see how this lens compares to my other lens, the Bolex "hi-fi" 1.3 15 mm prime. Stay tuned for further updates.

Comment

Fantastic news

Comment

Yea Shane, looking forward to your review of that lens!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Banfield View Post
                          Yea Shane, looking forward to your review of that lens!
                          Thanks Joseph, I'll report back Friday night with the verdict! I've got my fingers crossed this is an excellent lens! My plan is to project my most recent color home movies that yield sharp results on screen.

Comment

So tonight I fully tested the Isco-Gottingen 15 mm prime lens. I played several long scenes from my recently shot Super 8 color reversal movies. The brightness was just OK overall. The sharpness was fine but not eye popping. The contrast was just so-so but not fantastic! I then decided to compare these results side by side to the Eumig Suprovar 1.0 zoom lens. Putting the 1.0 back in and then projecting the same scene was like night and day! The Suprovar is still the better lens hands down! Never thought I'd say that when comparing a prime to a zoom, but that's my verdict! Eumig certainly knew what they were doing when this lens was developed in the late 1960's. Not only is the Eumig 1.0 an all metal zoom, but I truly believe the glass elements are coated in such a way that the end result is most excellent! Now I do understand a 1.0 and 1.3 will give different results do to light transmission, but in the end sharpness, contrast, grain structure, etc are all superior with the 1.0. I've owned many lenses over the years and the Suprovar 1.0 is still the best lens I have in my collection!

Comment

Well said, Shane! So, it looks like Eumig had it right to begin with, if I understood well.​​​​​​

I don't have that 1,0 lens but rather like the 1,1 prime lens but if you say the 1,0 is even better I'll put it in on my list of lenses to get for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X