Projector lens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joseph Banfield View Post
    Well said, Shane! So, it looks like Eumig had it right to begin with, if I understood well.​​​​​​

I don't have that 1,0 lens but rather like the 1,1 prime lens but if you say the 1,0 is even better I'll put it in on my list of lenses to get for sure!
    Yes you definitely want to put this lens on your list! I think the coating on all the glass elements of this 1.0 was well done by Eumig! The optical aberrations have been corrected to a high degree. Although Eumig advertised at the time that all aberrations have been eliminated. The lens cost half the price of a projector when it was sold around 1968.
    Last edited by Shane C. Collins; January 13, 2023, 07:11 PM.

Comment

The fixed 15mm lens would give a larger picture at the same distance than the eumig 1.0 zoom which only goes down to 18mm. The more the lens magnifies the original image the less sharp it will look. I also have the fixed 1.3 10mm version of this lens and it gives a huge picture but is not very bright or as sharp as my other lenses.

Comment

Ivan Watson raved about the Suprovar in Movie Maker magazine.It cost £35 at the time(1968) when the DL projector it was designed for cost £50. He had a thing about picture quality and thought the Eumig lens the best available.
        Its only downside was the focal length starting at 18mm. making for a rather small picture unless in a large room.

Comment

The non-zoom Eumig 501 came with a 18mm prime lens but of low aperture, f/1.6 I think. That was a sharp lens.

Comment

Originally posted by David Roberts View Post
            Ivan Watson raved about the Suprovar in Movie Maker magazine.It cost £35 at the time(1968) when the DL projector it was designed for cost £50. He had a thing about picture quality and thought the Eumig lens the best available.
            Its only downside was the focal length starting at 18mm. making for a rather small picture unless in a large room.
            Robert I use a 3' by 3' screen and it works fine with filling the screen. Do you happen to know which edition of the 1968 Movie Maker he talks about this lens? I've been trying to find it online in the archives but nothing comes up in the publications that are available.

Comment

Another good eumig lens is the 1.1 25mm that came standard with the UK version of the DL projector, being 25mm its a small image but very sharp and bright.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Moffatt View Post
                Another good eumig lens is the 1.1 25mm that came standard with the UK version of the DL projector, being 25mm its a small image but very sharp and bright.
                I have this lens but yes the throw is too small. The Eumig 1.0 zoom works best for my films.

Comment

Shane,
                  No,sorry,dont know. I do have Movie Makers for 1969,and its not in any of those,so I think your correct in it being 1968 but which month?

Comment

Originally posted by David Roberts View Post
                    Shane,
                    No,sorry,dont know. I do have Movie Makers for 1969,and its not in any of those,so I think your correct in it being 1968 but which month?
                    Yeah I'm not sure! The Internet Archive has copies of this magazine in its database. They cover years from 1966 into the 70's. Also the previous magazine ACW which Movie Maker replaced. ACW covers from the 1940's up to the mid 60's. I've read most of the 1968 edition, but didn't see any reports from Watson indicating his impressions of the Suprovar lens. There was a report on the DL projector but no mention of the lens. He may have written about it in his daily articles for the magazine. I'll have to go back and look to see if I missed it. I did read his report on the Eumig Mark S 709 and he loved that projector, which of course I do too LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Moffatt View Post
                      The fixed 15mm lens would give a larger picture at the same distance than the eumig 1.0 zoom which only goes down to 18mm. The more the lens magnifies the original image the less sharp it will look. I also have the fixed 1.3 10mm version of this lens and it gives a huge picture but is not very bright or as sharp as my other lenses.
                      Jason, do you have the Suprovar 1.0? It is a super sharp lens. The best I have in my collection! It renders bright, contrasty images that are very nice on screen. Even at the widest setting the lens is very sharp. I usually project about 10' feet from projector to screen. The screen is the traditional portable silver lite 3' by 3'. Plenty large in a living room setting.

Comment

Hi shane, yes i have 2 of these. They are very good but due to their size they only fit in my 800 series but not in the 600s.Also i like to have a large image so they are not really suitable.I usually use the suprogon 12.5mm 1.1 which gives a large bright image and fits in all eumig projectors but these seem to be very rare.

Comment

Working...
                        X