Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Carson
    replied
    Replaced speaker ---all is now good..... If.. I had just pluged in a ext speaker into the back ------!!!!!! could have solved this right away

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Carson
    replied
    pushed curved pointed tools into middle of metal keeper -- move back and forth and they come off

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Carson
    replied
    Well, never had speaker go out before but audio is good right up to the contacts on the speaker---- so one of the wires must be loose under the speaker metal frame or something with the coil inside........ next I am going to remove the speaker and see what I can find under the speaker frame --- need to figure out how to remove those little metal clips that fit over the plastic post that hold the speaker in place

Leave a comment:

• Maurice Leakey
    replied
    Chuck
    It sounds (!) promising.
    Check the speaker socket's innards. When a DIN speaker plug is inserted it opens the wiring to the internal speaker. Perhaps this part is stuck in this position. Also, check wiring at the speaker.
    If you have a separate speaker of 8 ohms and a DIN plug you can try out the speaker terminal from the outside.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Carson
    replied
    Lee and Maurice thanks for suggestions --- it's something to do with the speaker itself. ( like you suggested -- I was trying to make it difficult )...
    I hooked up a small Amp Speaker to the RCA Monitor connection in front and to the RCA Speaker jack in back --- and have sound at both. So its sounds like a bad speaker or a wire has come loose. The wires going to the connections in back are OK --- So just need to find the bad spot ==========

Thanks again guys --- I was trying to make this difficult

Need to do some pully maintence inside anyway ---- Pullies dont always engage when placed in forward

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    If you didn't hear a thing it sounds like something a bit more to look for. Have a look inside the back and just check the speaker wire is still connected, also if it had a headphone out socket might be worth having a try using that?

Leave a comment:

• Maurice Leakey
    replied
    Chuck
    When the recording button is pressed in to record, the speaker is muted to avoid a howling feedback.
    Keep on checking the contacts of the record button.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Carson
    replied
    Lee ,,,, Thanks for the suggestion; however, didn't seem to make any change --- made sure Volume was turned up...
    Thanks I will give it some de-tox... I don't think there is a switch inside - I believe a switch for the sound(amp) if any--is all in the record button, and that seems to operate and turn on the record mode

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    Chuck. With the machine off try pushing the sound record button in and out several times. The switch contacts may need a squirt of switch cleaner aerosol as well. Hope it helps.

Leave a comment:

• Maurice Leakey
    replied
    It is similar to the Chinon Sound 8500. As explained on the attached. You may have to click "Meer lezen" to open up further text.
    Spare part finder – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Carson
    started a topic Sound board on GAF 3100S S8mm projector

Sound board on GAF 3100S S8mm projector

Got out my GAF s8 Projector last week and the sound board appears to be dead. Before I start taking stuff apart trying to find a problem wants to see if anyone has any hints for the sound board on this machine?

When I run sound film I dont hear any and the monitor rca plug doesnt seem to have any voltage; however I can turn on the Sound on Sound switch and the light and meter come on.

Asking here because my casual inspection of the board -- everything "looks good" didn't see any bad Cap etc....however I will need to remove the sound board (I think) and that appears to be a task in itself.... (Hoping there is a fuse or maybe a transformer would explain the loss of life to the sound board}

Thanks for any hints ( is the GAF a Chinon rebranded ?)
Working...
X