X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig Bulb question

Hi,
    Another newbie question...

Will a projector bulb with two prongs work in a mount made for a 4 prong bulb (Ba21S4)?

Thanks
    Carl

Carl
    you could try the different combinations using the two prongs of the bulb and it might work. I'm guessing that the other holes are just for correct location of the bulb. You may find however that even if it works, that the filament might not be correctly aligned to give ultimate brightness of picture. What bulb are you trying to use? I'm assuming it's 12v 100w.
    To be honest it would be far better to change the lamp holder. They are quite inexpensive.

Comment

The short answer is no.
      The A1/193 [4pin] has a base diameter of 21mm the 2pin A1/186 has a base diameter of 15mm so the smaller bulb just falls through.
      I would go with Maurice`s comment and if you still want a Eumig go with a NOVO series using a A1/215 lamp, however one of these would cost you as much as a new A1/193 bulb !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Dennis View Post
        The short answer is no.
        The A1/193 [4pin] has a base diameter of 21mm the 2pin A1/186 has a base diameter of 15mm so the smaller bulb just falls through.
        I would go with Maurice`s comment and if you still want a Eumig go with a NOVO series using a A1/215 lamp, however one of these would cost you as much as a new A1/193 bulb !!!
        Hi Tom,
        Thanks for the suggestion, your suggestion makes perfect sense but it seems a shame to dispose of a perfectly good projector because the bulb has blown. I might try Terrys idea to use a different mount, perhaps using a halogen bulb to see if this works as a bit of an experiment. As you say the A1/193 bulbs cost a fortune and even then you are just delaying the inevitable by about 25 hours.. :-)

I gather Osram sold an adapter once upona time but I don't hold out much chance of finding one...

Thanks
        Carl

Comment

Tom has made a good point, however, once you have bought the latest model P8 it should last for a good long time, whereas the expensive lamp for the earlier models will eventually go POP.
          The A1/215 is very cheap and is still readily available.
          https://www.amazon.co.uk/215-100W-Pr...6362304&sr=8-1

Maurice

Comment

Working...
          X