Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of this film distributor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of this film distributor?

I've just had a 4x400' feature, and the original box states it's a DACO FILMS release, for home exhibition only for the U.K., has anyone ever heard of this outfit, as in all my years in the hobby this is a new name for me.

Can't help you there, but what's the title of the film?

Comment

It's an old British film made during WW2 called "I'll Walk Beside You", never heard of it before, I've not got around to looking at it yet, but it must be very rare.

Comment

I suggest that DACO was a well-known Super 8 distributor who had access to a 16mm print, and didn't want to incur the wrath of Butchers Film Service, the 35mm distributors.
        DACO starts with the name of at least two dealers.

I'll Walk Beside You (1943) - IMDb

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
          DACO starts with the name of at least two dealers.
          DerAnn COmpany?

Comment

Yes, that's one thought.

Comment

The only trouble with that theory is the fact this is the first print I've ever seen of this title, if it had originated via Derann you would have thought there would be quite a few prints knocking about, until the other day I never ever heard of this title!

Comment

I can't remember if Ged said that Derann had an agreement with Butchers. I'm sure he said in one of his Facebook posts that they visited them when in London.

Comment

Working...
                X