Winding Cranks Frozen on Colt Model-800 Viewer/Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winding Cranks Frozen on Colt Model-800 Viewer/Editor

Does anyone have experience with the winding cranks not wanting to freely turn on Colt model 800 8mm film editor? The supply reel side has two screws to access the gears but the take-up side doesn't, the back looks to be pressed on. Any help or suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Chris, I'm not familiar with that model, but I would think the gears are probably frozen with dried out old grease. Maybe you could open up access to them through the spindles??

Comment

Chris Burchfield It's always helpful to include a photo. There are dozens of viewers and "Colt" is not a well known brand name so not too many might have one of these. It looks to me like it may be a re-branded Yashica. You might just try adding a few drops of oil to try and losen it up... if you can't figure out how to open it up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	colt_800.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	7441Click image for larger version  Name:	yashica_8_pe-dual.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.6 KB ID:	7442

Comment

The first one you have there was re-branded Prinz by Dixons in the UK, I have one. I have no idea who actually made it though.

Comment

I was able to free the stuck cranks by spraying penetrating oil on both sides, surprised how quickly it worked.

Comment

Chris Burchfield YAY!

Comment

Working...
            X